Zian Jones Commits | Syracusefan.com

Zian Jones Commits

PS reports Zion has committed to cuse! I must admit Doug is pulling in a very good class. With Zion on board who could move to the outside. Goggins looks like a natural with his size and speed and i believe if he has any chance at the NFL it would be as a DE. Really hope we can keep Manley in the fold but in the short term i have to think that Zion can make an earlier impact. Good get by the staff.

Brent Axe just tweeted that Jones committed. Another JUCO DL from Cali, Goggins grew into his role this past year. Anyone have more info on Jones?

He is huge, DT is looking big and deep. Need a few more DE or verbals to hold.

I suspect that they are going to look to get bigger at least one of the DE spots. I think guys like Goggins, Bromley or Brantley could play out there. Goggins and Bromley both dropped into coverage in the zone blitz schemes last year.

Maybe next year we won't get run over by teams we should beat, ala two years ago... UL, BC, UCONN!

Really loading up on both lines. Good to see.

Hopefully this guy can be a serviceable rotation guy, despite the offer list. He is massive--hope he can run a little bit.

Does anyone know if we are looking for Brantly at DT or DE? I think with his athleticism he could be that big DE.

Really loading up on both lines. Good to see.

Hopefully this guy can be a serviceable rotation guy, despite the offer list. He is massive--hope he can run a little bit.

Rivals has him running a 4.9 40. Not bad for 320 lbs

Weren't we all hearing he was going to Oregon or Oregon State a week or so back? Anyways, a very nice get and surprised me when I read it.

Anyone know if he can still make it here for the spring?
The article just says he committed to play football in the fall, which doesn't rule out practicing in the spring.

Same question for the other JUCO too, since those tranfers seem to have their own set of rules.

And on the negative side, will either one run into some kind of clearinghouse issues and have to spend time in NCAA purgatory?

Weren't we all hearing he was going to Oregon or Oregon State a week or so back? Anyways, a very nice get and surprised me when I read it.
I believe he was going for a visit to Oregon could be wrong tho