Zion got paid to go to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Zion got paid to go to Duke

And btw all of the UK/Calipari and Duke/K apologists who sometimes pop up whenever a “bag” is mentioned need to wake up. Here’s your proof. It’s widespread and includes those programs. It’s up to the NCAA to stop being such a hypocrisy, which I have learned to doubt will ever happen. Maybe Kansas, Louisville, Arizona, and LSU getting hit will start the change hopefully but I doubt it.

Didn’t we already know during the FBI investigation that his family got Kansas to offer him a bag? I vividly remember Duke fans trying to argue that he had obviously agreed to play at Duke for free after turning down money elsewhere.

Im pretty sure the adidas reps were caught on tape saying the price for zion was $100k. Very cheap if you think about it.

I’m not against it going forward and it doesn’t surprise me, but sucks for Clemson who he likely would have chosen.
All I found was a Notice to Admit. It will be interesting to see what happens. It appears Zion signed with an agent for endorsements. This was done after he had declared for the draft, but he still could have withdrawn from the draft.
He sued initially to have the contract deemed void, as it violates a NC law with regard to failure to disclose what signing with an Agent means to his amateur standing.
It appears that this is designed to thwart the argument that he was an amateur when he was in college.
Money will get paid by K's people and Zion and it will go away.

So, Zion was ineligible every game he played for dook.
I wonder, if it could ever be uncovered and disclosed, how many ineligible players suited up for K through the years. I wonder how many of his Ws have been with ineligible players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom