Zion may return to Duke (and snub Pelicans)... | Syracusefan.com

Zion may return to Duke (and snub Pelicans)...

Really come to hate professional sports. I could care less if the big market teams get the best players. I’m a Giants fan and celebrated the super bowl wins under Eli like the rest of em. But never agreed with allowing a player to sabotage a franchise. We all sacrifice to make a living. To have to make a sacrifice while making millions...I think most of us would sign up for that. Same goes for free agency. Hate it. Playing field hasn’t been even since it came about. I love teams that draft well,develop guys and are able to keep them.
Dinosaur thinking,I know.

Really come to hate professional sports. I could care less if the big market teams get the best players. I’m a Giants fan and celebrated the super bowl wins under Eli like the rest of em. But never agreed with allowing a player to sabotage a franchise. We all sacrifice to make a living. To have to make a sacrifice while making millions...I think most of us would sign up for that. Same goes for free agency. Hate it. Playing field hasn’t been even since it came about. I love teams that draft well,develop guys and are able to keep them.
I agree

Love when players use what leverage they have.

Outside of LeBron James camp Brian Windworst has no real NBA sources.

No way Zion was going to do this. It’s not like the Knicks or Lakers would be viable spots for him next year.
It’s obvious Zion wanted NY but it’s not like NO isn’t a viable market.

How about when the NBA had a territorial draft. Lots of HOF's got to play for their hometown team to help grow interest. Do you think we should go back to those dinosaur days,
NBA territorial pick - Wikipedia

But it's never been this way in sports. The big markets have always dominated the little markets with a few exceptions. The Yankees got the best players in baseball for years until they instituted the draft. Kareem forced his way to LA out of Milwaukee in the 70's. Shaq did it in the 90's. This is not a new phenomenon.

But it's never been this way in sports. The big markets have always dominated the little markets with a few exceptions. The Yankees got the best players in baseball for years until they instituted the draft. Kareem forced his way to LA out of Milwaukee in the 70's. Shaq did it in the 90's. This is not a new phenomenon.
If you have leverage I don’t blame anyone for using it.
Elway did it and was right.

Now Eli just didn’t want to go to the AFC because his brother was in the conference I don’t get why the family just didn’t come out and say that. It’s obvious the family didn’t want the brothers to face off frequently.

It’s obvious Zion wanted NY but it’s not like NO isn’t a viable market.
You have a lot of very good opinions, but this is not one of them. The only good thing about that franchise is that Jen Hale is their sideline reporter.

New Orleans ranks last in the NBA in population.

The team has only gotten past the first round of the playoffs twice in 17 years and lost in the 2nd round both times. They have only won 50 games once in their history
List of New Orleans Pelicans seasons - Wikipedia

You have a lot of very good opinions, but this is not one of them. The only good thing about that franchise is that Jen Hale is their sideline reporter.
View attachment 163272
New Orleans ranks last in the NBA in population.

The team has only gotten past the first round of the playoffs twice in 17 years and lost in the 2nd round both times. They have only won 50 games once in their history
List of New Orleans Pelicans seasons - Wikipedia

The Saints have had no issue being one of the most popular NFL teams the last 15 years and after the lottery the Pelicans sold lots of tickets. Golden State was hidden for years until they got Curry. Now they are the most watched in the NBA. Zion will be front and center on national tv.

Milwaukee is at the bottom of that list too, and they’re fighting for a spot in the NBA Finals right now. OKC has also been there multiple times. Put a good team together, and market size makes no difference.

The Saints have had no issue being one of the most popular NFL teams the last 15 years and after the lottery the Pelicans sold lots of tickets. Golden State was hidden for years until they got Curry. Now they are the most watched in the NBA. Zion will be front and center on national tv.
Winning sells tickets. We all know that. It's an uphill battle when your team has very little past success and you are in the smallest market. Not a place players are pining for.