Zion?... | Syracusefan.com

Zion?...

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
03D71E24-47B3-49EE-A259-694B75220822.jpeg

Incredible at being bigger than everyone else.

Good luck in the NBA when you can't shoot or pass.
Are you nuts.
First I have watched the guy.
It's unfair that he's in college.
Now we know what LBJ would have looked like in college.
Absolute freak.
Makes Barrett look pedestrian by comparison.
Quick, explosive, under control and hyper-competitive.
If he has the ball inside of 15', he should never pass.
I may have to go to the Dome to watch him play.

He’s incredible

Yes, he's an incredible athlete. As a basketball player, he's a little out of control sometimes. Took himself out of the play a few times late in the 2nd half trying to swat everything.

This was a typical JB strategy for someone like Zion (I mentioned it in a thread a few days ago.): Don't worry if a beast like Williamson scores 50 and play against everyone else.

First time I've watched Duke closely. At least tonight they were essentially Zion and the 7 dwarfs.

He was a beast and no one else on that team scared me when they had the ball.

Reminds me Kentucky with Karl Anthony towns. A bunch of highly regarded players who just ended up standing around waiting for KAT to save the day each game.

We literally fouled him every time he touched the ball in the second half. Dude should have shot 25 FT today, but I’m glad the refs swallowed their whistles in the second half.

Well, it wasn't all one way. ZW got away with a lot of contact also. Several times he fairly pushed players out of his way going after rebounds.

I don’t know. Great athlete and awesome around the hoop, but mediocre hoops IQ, no handle, and got blown off the dribble by Battle on several occasions.

He is nothing like LeBron, who is an elite on the ball defender. In my opinion, he’s a bigger Larry Johnson.

I think Barrett is the better player.

He could be a great NBA player but it's no lock.

In a switching defense NBA he could end up getting abused regularly by quicker athletes (almost any NBA player really).

With that weight, I would worry if he ends up somewhere like Cleveland. Staying in shape will be a challenge for him. And if he is losing all the time and the franchise is a mess, it could definitely go sideways for him.

I’m also a bit skeptical of Zion at the next level. He’s going to be good, I would not give him #1 money though.

2 things concern me:

1). His body type. He’s going to have a hard time keeping his weight down.

2). The skill level isn’t great. He’s a ohysical beast though.

I mean, Lebron is possibly the greatest player in the history of the sport. He could still have a long successful NBA career and not be Lebron.

100 percent. But a few on this board (and possibly ESPN) have hyped him up as such.

He’s a very unique talent, which makes him quite intriguing, but I’m curious as to how he fits in the new NBA.

I don’t know if that jumper can extend to the NBA line, and I’m curious to see what his hoops IQ really is when you have better athletes on the floor (and he is the elite of the elite).

I’m thinking potentially some Draymong Green / LJ hybrid.

I’m also a bit skeptical of Zion at the next level. He’s going to be good, I would not give him #1 money though.

2 things concern me:

1). His body type. He’s going to have a hard time keeping his weight down.

2). The skill level isn’t great. He’s a ohysical beast though.

Huh? Dude is pretty jacked.
He's got like a 40" vert at 275 lbs.

Double huh? He hit 3's, a nice mid-range J, and was a monster around the rim, and not just on dunks.
His footwork was pretty impressive, and he was a willing passer (at times).
He did fall in love w/ the 3 late, which helped us immensely when he missed them.

Dude went for 35 & 10 w/ 4 blocks tonite.
Barrett is probably the better Pro in today's NBA, but Zion would be one helluva space-and-pace 5.
He's like Draymond, only bulkier, and he's only a college Frosh.

Well, it wasn't all one way. ZW got away with a lot of contact also. Several times he fairly pushed players out of his way going after rebounds.

He creates a lot of contact, that's for sure. Thought he got away with several offensive fouls tonight. Our guys don't flop well enough to get those calls, clearly.

Zion is significantly more skilled in the paint than draymond green is. In terms of body comparisons and inconsistent long range shooting and rebounding I can see it. Definitely not the playmaker green is...yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom