Zona in Double OT against ASU... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zona in Double OT against ASU...

We could also lose to NC State, Boston College, Maryland, Georgia Tech or Florida State. No game is a given. Not saying we WILL lose any of those games, but those chickens have not been hatched yet.

Right on CTO. We could lose any number of games from now until Greensboro. But these kids have shown a great ability to not look ahead. I attribute that to CJ and Baye, our two senior leaders. They have the team focused on what matters, the next game. Let's take care of NCState today, then we'll worry about the next game...

LGO!!!

Man, I thought this thread was going end in disappointment as the majority of them do. Anyhow, thanks CTO!!!

PS Didn't JarHeadJim "call" this game again(without the allegorical use of his wife this time, possibly due to the current climate? lol). Well, I am giving him his due. I am grateful for as much breathing space as possible.

PPS Anyone who doesnt think Duke can still get a 1 seed, needs their head checked. They have 2 chances to beat us, and we could also lose to UVA. I know the selection committee now disavows late season performance, but do they also disavow victory margins? *cough*

That said, I'm still rooting for us to pull a spirit of 76, but am dumfounded how some people sound so sure of themelves.

Yes I was 2-0 last night!!

Man, I thought this thread was going end in disappointment as the majority of them do. Anyhow, thanks CTO!!!

PS Didn't JarHeadJim "call" this game again(without the allegorical use of his wife this time, possibly due to the current climate? lol). Well, I am giving him his due. I am grateful for as much breathing space as possible.

PPS Anyone who doesnt think Duke can still get a 1 seed, needs their head checked. They have 2 chances to beat us, and we could also lose to UVA. I know the selection committee now disavows late season performance, but do they also disavow victory margins? *cough*

That said, I'm still rooting for us to pull a spirit of 76, but am dumfounded how some people sound so sure of themelves.
I'm sounding sure of myself, so in the hope of making me stop worrying so much.
Plus calmness always looks better than panic :)

I agree...Ive been a fan long enough to know better...but I am guessing I am getting caught up in the "Mantonio on steroids" mentality that currently pervades this board. Yes, we have a very special team, but even Doris Burke called it clearly that this wasnt the best SU team ever
Personally, I'm not sure they are the best ever either, but I keep coming back to that we have NEVER had anybody play like Ennis has this year. And I can't even put my finger on what exactly is it. Obviously the late game control is one facet, the fact that we never seem to take a bad shot another, all of that. The beneath the box score stuff. That alone may just be enough to think about us as the best ever. But they never hand you the crown for Best Ever in February, so we shall see.

There should have been a technical on Carson. He didn't just hang on the rim--he chinned himself and refused to let go. A tremendously selfish play--he could have simply taken one more dribble, and the clock expires. A total "look-at-me" move.

This is 100% correct. Arizona got completely screwed not having a technical called on the ASU player and I would be livid if I was a Zona fan.

haters-gonna-hate-7.jpg

Some of my thoughts on the game

1) Arizona's defense really is tremendous. ASU is not a great offensive team, they're now 72nd in defensive efficiency, but Zona really locked them up for long stretches.
2) Sendek and Sean Miller kept calling TO to set up big shots down the stretch...and then promptly got horrible looks. I think it was the end of the first OT; Miller calls a TO and they end up with a Nick Johnson step back jumper. Like you really needed a TO to get that shot?
3) TJ McConnell's FT shooting might really come back to bite Arizona. We all know about Gordon at the line.
4) Arizona isn't the same team without Ashley, and they finish with 4 of the last 6 on the road (Utah, Colorado, Oregon, and Oregon State) with the norcal schools at home. I could see 2 more losses in the regular season for them. Their defense will keep them in games, but they aren't as much of a threat to win it all as they were before Ashley got hurt

After ASU blew chance to win in regulation with a shot clock violation. Zona looks very vulnerable. They got very lucky at end of regulation. And ASU could not make a free throw in first OT

We can't use the word "lucky". When some people claimed Syracuse got lucky against Pitt, many on this board had a meltdown.

We have an alum who is an AP photographer. He got totally run over with BOTH court stormings last night. Broke his glasses, and he is very bruised today. You don't realize that these guys are not only subject to being run over by the players, get hit with a ball a hockey puck (which he has been) but also run over by fans. He said the students were not that bad, it was the adults that were unruly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom