2023-24 NBA Season | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Nice to have a close game here. Lot of blowouts in these games. Denver may be in trouble unless there is some murray magic.

What in the absolute hell is going on? The Nuggets are casually/slowly fouling and the Wolves are doing clownish dunks?

The intensity of this game is off the charts. I feel sorry for college basketball-only fans who aren’t watching.
Haven’t you heard ? “Something something they don’t play defense in the NBA”

I don’t understand being a fan of a sport but then not being a fan of the ultimate level of that sport .

Can you imagine being a fan ot college baseball but you hate MLB ?

I had shut the game off at halftime, disappointed at how the game was going. When I saw they were down only two with three minutes to go in the 3rd I turned it back on. Lots of ebbs and flows, but it was a totally different game. No way Nuggets were going to shoot 70% for the game, but Jokic hit the wall and Gobert played a good 2nd half after being ineffective thru the 1st half. And Edwards got more involved after also being ineffective in the 1st half. Interesting is that the altitude and home court advantage didn't bother Minnesota at all.

Minnesota did what the Knicks needed to do, but NY had run out of steam. Without Brunson, they had no chance, as all the injuries finally caught up with them. DeVincenzo tried but they were getting out hustled and out played.

21 points by guys not named Jokic or Murray. Denver needs to improve the pieces around those guys a bit in the offseason.

21 points by guys not named Jokic or Murray. Denver needs to improve the pieces around those guys a bit in the offseason.
Totally agree - I often wonder what Denver's trajectory would have been if Jeremi had stayed and they didn't draft Porter? the 3 starters not named Murray or Jokic should be ashamed of themselves for that effort.

Denver gave up a 20 point lead at home with the Twolves best player having a B game. Crazy.

There's just something about a "defense" chant at Knicks playoff games that sounds better than anywhere else on Earth.
Au contraire: Old school BET night sessions, when the garden would sound like the Dome.

Haven’t you heard ? “Something something they don’t play defense in the NBA”

I don’t understand being a fan of a sport but then not being a fan of the ultimate level of that sport .

Can you imagine being a fan ot college baseball but you hate MLB ?
I can imagine. I love college football but am not a fan of the NFL.

Totally agree - I often wonder what Denver's trajectory would have been if Jeremi had stayed and they didn't draft Porter? the 3 starters not named Murray or Jokic should be ashamed of themselves for that effort.

Denver gave up a 20 point lead at home with the Twolves best player having a B game. Crazy.
I mean they won a ring.

They were better off the bench. Bruce Brown was a big loss. He and Jeff Green weren't exactly replaced. I get you can't keep everyone, but they needed more out of Porter and Gordon last night.
Oh for sure they had a deeper bench, it's just hard to keep the role players around a championship core.

Plus I was responding to Newhouser's post speculating about it they kept Grant. Grant wouldn't have solved their bench problem, but also, hard to say they made the wrong move. If you get a ring 99 times put of 100 you're immune from any critique about the moves you made.

The 1/100 is if you're the Pistons and drafted Darko over Carmelo btw.

441624553_837561868406208_5026956525578087135_n.jpg

(supposed to be Hart, not Hartenstein in that photo, but I did not create this meme)

View attachment 241313

(supposed to be Hart, not Hartenstein in that photo, but I did not create this meme)

It is what it is, you play who is in front of you, but if you made a starting 5 of players who missed a game due to injury against the Bucks in the playoffs so far you get Lillard, OG, Randle, Giannis and KP (looking ahead to the next series). It doesnt totally work positionally, but thats like a 60 win team.

It is what it is, you play who is in front of you, but if you made a starting 5 of players who missed a game due to injury against the Bucks in the playoffs so far you get Lillard, OG, Randle, Giannis and KP (looking ahead to the next series). It doesnt totally work positionally, but thats like a 60 win team.

Credit to the Pacers for winning, I suppose, but yeah, it took them 6 games to beat a Bucks team without Giannis the whole series and without Dame for 2 games and it took them 7 games to beat a Knicks team that by the end of the series did not have a single starter left.

Credit to the Pacers for winning, I suppose, but yeah, it took them 6 games to beat a Bucks team without Giannis the whole series and without Dame for 2 games and it took them 7 games to beat a Knicks team that by the end of the series did not have a single starter left.
I hope the Celtics sweep them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom