2024 Bracketology / Selection Show | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Bracketology / Selection Show

So the selection committee would probably defend JHU getting the 3 seed by them having more Top 20 wins, despite SU having more Top 5 wins. Whatever. We have a much tougher road but no complaining. Just win.

Rubbish. Committee did this so Towson wouldn’t rematch against Hopkins. Hopkins has no business being the third seed.

Glad to be in the same bracket as Denver, but wouldn’t be surprised if Michigan advanced.

All things considered not the worst draw. Would want this over the third seed and potential matchup with UVA, but would have rather seen Lehigh to start things off. Probably a wash all things considered.

Rubbish. Committee did this so Towson wouldn’t rematch against Hopkins. Hopkins has no business being the third seed.

Glad to be in the same bracket as Denver, but wouldn’t be surprised if Michigan advanced.

All things considered not the worst draw. Would want this over the third seed and potential matchup with UVA, but would have rather seen Lehigh to start things off. Probably a wash all things considered.

Ya its a tougher 1st round draw but if SU can get by Towson, a Denver or Mich matchup seems preferable to UVA or a St. Joes team that is a really bad matchup for SU with that 10 man. Michigan would be a difficult test with their great fogo though their defense has run very hot and cold this year

Not to be that guy but RPI or not SU should have been the 3 seed. More top 5 and top 10 wins and more importantly won head to head.
hop had more top 10 wins

i like this bracket for syracuse. they will beat towson. tigers are playing well but in over their heads up in the dome. then you get denver or michigan winner...have to like that path to the final four

So the selection committee would probably defend JHU getting the 3 seed by them having more Top 20 wins, despite SU having more Top 5 wins. Whatever. We have a much tougher road but no complaining. Just win.
I'm just glad we didn't get St. Joe's in the first round. They would have been very difficult for us. I was expecting to play Lehigh but once they put Hopkins in the 3 seed I guess not. RPI: 15 St. Joe's, 16 Towson, 21 Lehigh. Like that we avoid Va/St. Joe in quarters.

Last edited:
Towson as noted is an intriguing matchup. Really good team but overall #s a bit inflated as the CAA has some really putrid squads they dominated. Towson played Hop to start the year and got blown out. They did blow out St. Joes when they were a mess early and only lost by four to UVA 19-15 though I think they closed the gap late. Other loss was 11-10 to Loyola.

Demaio and Weissharr are the Two main conditions for Towson. Cuse will have to lock down defensively on them. Another d performance like the last 2 games will likely send SU home.

Constantinides is at 58% for the year. Kohn and Mullen will need to be at 50% or better. I need to look into Towsona D more closely but my recollection is they don't run a 10 man. D appears solid but obviously the 2 peer teams to SU Hop and UVA put up 15 and 19 respectively

Tougher first round than expected but easier second. We will take it! I’d rather be us than hop having to play uva next round. Even with their troubles recently.

SU / Towson winner gets to play ... in Towson.

At least it's the Sunday Quarterfinals.

hop had more top 10 wins

i like this bracket for syracuse. they will beat towson. tigers are playing well but in over their heads up in the dome. then you get denver or michigan winner...have to like that path to the final four
I thought Hopkins would get the 3 seed over the Orange and I have no issue with it. As you said, this is a good bracket for Syracuse to be in. I think Hopkins should beat Lehigh, heavy dose of Degnon should open up space for other Bluejay shooters.

Not to be that guy but RPI or not SU should have been the 3 seed. More top 5 and top 10 wins and more importantly won head to head.
If SU was 3rd seed, then a lot of ACC teams face each other in most match-up. Move SU to 4th seed, then the problem is solved.

didn’t we scrimmage mich before season and not go very well for us?
correct, michigan "won" that scrimmage but you shouldnt take anything from that. it was ages ago and fall scrims are not predictive. i'd rather get the denver-mich winner than uva or the md-princeton winner. especially if that's princeton. but beat towson first

Some betting lines:
Syracuse -3.5 v. Towson
Virginia -4.5 v. St. Joe's
Duke -7 v. Utah
Denver -1.5 v. Michigan
Hopkins -4.5 v. Lehigh
Penn St -1.5 @ Georgetown
Princeton -1.5 @ Maryland

Last edited:
coaches better well prepare the team have a game plan a back up plan and back up to back up if all hell breaks loose. Better have team motivated hyped up and ready to play. Towson isn’t gonna be push over and won’t quit fighting so we need to really really start playing our best lacrosse all game not just in certain qtrs. Let’s go orange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom