2024 Men's Div I Bracket | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Men's Div I Bracket

GNX-ORKXIAAHAP1

I should have went with Denver, went back and forth with them and Princeton but Marylands been so bad Offensively it won me over. I should have known better. Still need a 4th, leaning Cuse but my head is saying might make sense to go Towson
Assuming Cuse beats Towson, Denver will be a tough opponent. Their D was impressive yesterday. Of course, they do tend to play better at home. Michigan and Princeton looked like Cuse did against Duke in the ACC tourney - low energy out of the gate and hanging the goalie out to dry. Gianforcaro is a good goalie but he can't do it alone.

I do agree tho this point of season is where just having more talent then other team isn’t gonna win you game. Have to come out ready mentally prepared calm and focused. Also need to play run with an extra pep in step. Win gbs play tough d and if do make mistake don’t wallow in it, but make up for it by hustling next play. As yesterday showed seeded teams came out ready and knew what’s at stake we have to do the same. Give towson an inch of hope and can go sideways. Also if something isn’t working can’t wait to long to make change. Players and coaches have to prepared for anything and everything. Have to land yours shots specially emo and the open looks. Now is time give it everything. Every game from here on out have to leave it all on the field.

Assuming Cuse beats Towson, Denver will be a tough opponent. Their D was impressive yesterday. Of course, they do tend to play better at home. Michigan and Princeton looked like Cuse did against Duke in the ACC tourney - low energy out of the gate and hanging the goalie out to dry. Gianforcaro is a good goalie but he can't do it alone.

Agreed, alow starts in the tournament are vertical difficult to comeback from. Michigan and Princeton both essentially lost the game in the 1st quarter. Cuse absolutely needs to avoid a similar start or they'll likely be playing catch up all game. SU really needs a strong 1st and 4th qtr, they have a bad tendency of either starting slow or having a bad finish. Have to clean that up.

Denver would be a tough opponent for sure. Good goalie and an excellent fogo. Hopefully we get the matchup.

Denver would be a tough opponent for sure. Good goalie and an excellent fogo. Hopefully we get the matchup.
i have heard others express the same sentiment about their goalie and i just dont see it...he is a hair over 50% this year after being 47% last year despite playing behind what most people consider a solid defense with experienced personnel...he seems average to me. not somebody to be worried about, cuse has faced much better goalies this year...

Went to the Utah at Duke game yesterday. Never really much of a game, Duke played steady and strong the whole way, Naso was back facing off, and the Utah goalie let up a few easy goals by not holding near side pipe. Utah seemed content to lose, didn't really battle very hard on GBs and didn't play aggressively on O'Neill, which I think is the only chance you have of slowing that guy down.

Man, Duke has way too many 5/6th year guys. Can't wait for the covid era to be over. Their really good LS Carpenter is twenty-four years old! The physical difference between an 18 year old and 24 year old is outrageous.

I hope Maryland blasts them next week!

Went to the Utah at Duke game yesterday. Never really much of a game, Duke played steady and strong the whole way, Naso was back facing off, and the Utah goalie let up a few easy goals by not holding near side pipe. Utah seemed content to lose, didn't really battle very hard on GBs and didn't play aggressively on O'Neill, which I think is the only chance you have of slowing that guy down.

Man, Duke has way too many 5/6th year guys. Can't wait for the covid era to be over. Their really good LS Carpenter is twenty-four years old! The physical difference between an 18 year old and 24 year old is outrageous.

I hope Maryland blasts them next week!
I agree about the Covid eligibility extensions but most top flight DI schools have a handful of 20 year old freshmen.

Lots of sports focused families redshirt their boy in Kindergarten and, if he’s good enough, reclass when transferring to a prep program.

24-20 is still a gap, but it’ll likely stay somewhere between 23-19.5 going forward.

Lehigh turning it over way too much to put any real pressure on Hopkins.

Cheating Hopkins faking lightning strikes to not get scored on. Complete joke it should be 3-2 Lehigh.

I got Lehigh ML would love to cash this one.

The horn blew well before he took that shot. Players clearly stopped playing other than the shooter

Now how bad does it mess up the second game? what channel is second game gonna be on as first game isn’t gonna be over yet.

Hey now! You know what assuming does! Let’s not do that!

At no point in the year were Mich or Princeton the best 2 teams in the ACC or B10 and yet a good weekend got them into this thing. Then they played more to form the following week.
Princeton did beat Penn and Yale the 2 weekends before the Ivy League tmt

The horn blew well before he took that shot. Players clearly stopped playing other than the shooter

I think it’s closer than that. Watched it a couple of times now. In the moment you could hear the whistle and know that the play should be stopped, but that whistle really needed to be blown right then?

I think it’s closer than that. Watched it a couple of times now. In the moment you could hear the whistle and know that the play should be stopped, but that whistle really needed to be blown right then?

I'm at the game so don't have the benefit of replay, but in the moment, it felt very much like a strange horn went off, Ierlan and other players paused as they reacted, and then the shot was taken and went in. He was definitely lining up for the shot before the horn. Again, couldn't have been more than two seconds, but it didn't seem as simultaneous in real time.

Do you root for Georgetown or Penn St to win? They are in the top three of schools I hate the most. For your information, Rutgers is my most hated school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom