2024 PGA Tour | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2024 PGA Tour

IMG_3726.jpeg

The winning putt was five feet of lonely.

Over/under 1.5 months Xander is playing LIV?

That would be...depressing.

I'm thinking that the bloom is off the LIV rose, though.

Not that I'm making any bets with you. Not now, at least.

That would be...depressing.

I'm thinking that the bloom is off the LIV rose, though.

Not that I'm making any bets with you. Not now, at least.
There was a rumor after the Masters that there was a big name without a major who wanted to get one before cashing out. If it is even true, my money would definitely be on Cantlay but there is a decent argument for Xander. But maybe less so if his dad is actually more hands off now. If I am remembering the Ryder Cup $$$ issue stuff correctly.

There was a rumor after the Masters that there was a big name without a major who wanted to get one before cashing out. If it is even true, my money would definitely be on Cantlay but there is a decent argument for Xander. But maybe less so if his dad is actually more hands off now. If I am remembering the Ryder Cup $$$ issue stuff correctly.

Cantlay is heavily involved in with the policy board. If he left, he might be more hated than P Reed and P Diddy combined.

Hovland.

Jason Day's a possibility. Norman was trying to recruit an all-Aussie team, and LIV might be easier on Day's ailing back.

Cantlay is heavily involved in with the policy board. If he left, he might be more hated than P Reed and P Diddy combined.
I don't think very many people in golf like him as it is haha

True

I became a reasonable Cantlay fan at the '21 BMW, after DeChambeau yelled at him from across the fairway, and then Cantlay beat him in the subsequent playoff. And also after he and Schauffele were dominant partners in the '21 Ryder Cup. Yeah, I know he's slow on the greens, which I don't much like, but
noidea.gif

Super happy Xander finally got over the hump and won a big one. Scores were very low for a major, but the atmosphere was incredible. What a scene on 18.

I'm really warming up to Bryson. Seems like he's matured a lot. He was very classy in defeat, and I loved seeing him make sure the kid got the ball when the adult snatched it.

Last edited:
Super happy Xander finally got over the hump and won a big one. Scores were very low for a major, but the atmosphere was incredible. What a scene on 18.

I'm really warming up to Bryson. Seems like he's matured a lot. He was very class in defeat, and I loved seeing him make sure the kid got the ball when the adult snatched it.

Agreed, he's beginning to grow up. What the heck, he's 30 years old. However I still think it's classless to wear the LIV logo at PGA events.

Agreed, he's beginning to grow up. What the heck, he's 30 years old. However I still think it's classless to wear the LIV logo at PGA events.
Agree. The LIV logos are beyond cringe. I say keep wearing them. It’s a way to tell the clowns from the true pros. Although I think my venom is gone for Bryson and brooks at this point.

Except its no more a PGA Tour event than a LIV event. Its a PGA of America event which is a totally different entity -- PGA of America has full control, management, administration and legal autonomy over the event.

This is not a support of LIV, but none of the majors are "more" PGA Tour Events than LIV events. They are fully independent of both tours. Its what makes the golf world crazy. The PGA Tour and LIV are essentially fighting over the "Regular" events, and they don't control any of the major events that fans really, really care about.

One of the things that makes the PGA tour better, is there tends to be a real link between their schedule and the ability to get into / qualify for the majors. That is a real benefit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom