2025 Transfer Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

Thought I read that too.

He withdrew back in 21 to preserve his eligibility at Cornell. I would be shocked if he left at this point and going to Rutgers (despite his family history) would make zero sense.

He withdrew back in 21 to preserve his eligibility at Cornell. I would be shocked if he left at this point and going to Rutgers (despite his family history) would make zero sense.
Could have been someone trolling on X.

Have to imagine it was, Rutgers makes no sense and even UNC really doesn't either if he was going to transfer.
Thought I heard the announcers say on their last game in Ivy Tournament that he had another year at Cornell. Cotter, Carc, Quint.

Thought I heard the announcers say on their last game in Ivy Tournament that he had another year at Cornell. Cotter, Carc, Quint.

He does, he withdrew back in 2021 to save his eligibility at Cornell. He will be back there.

Haven't heard anything but I do know that the youngest Kirst (Caden) is committed to Rutgers. (That's way more of an aside rather than a suggestion that CJ would portal there.)

FWIW, English’s LinkedIn profile reads “Syracuse University 2023-2025” under Education.
In an interview I heard (think it was Quint, but it might have been something for inside lacrosse), he was pretty clear about playing two years in Syracuse. Both him and Stevens have commented at times about the less intense vibe at SU versus Princeton on the academic side (which is probably about as profound as saying that water is wet).

With the coaching switch at Brown, I've been hoping Gait/March make a play for Sam's younger brother at Lawrenceville.

English definitely has another year, unclear if he will use it but the initial rumblings were that he was leaning toward using it.

UNC brings back a lot (though even they do lose McGovern and a few others Breschi, Kreig Geppert) but they and Cuse are the two who really bring back a lot.

Virginia loses less numbers then last years but the quality is a massive hit. Shellenberger, Cormier and Kastner are all gone plus the SSDM transfer Yager, back up fogo Desouza etc. Again no massive numbers but essentially their top overall 3 players are gone including their clear 1 and 2 Offensive options and their best defender.

I've done a breakdown of Duke and ND before but they both lose a metric ton to graduation. Duke loses their entire starting attack line, Naso, Brower, Danenza, Both LSM's in carpenter and Frisoli, Caputo and O'Connor short stick defenders, Krauss another pole, every back up goalie on the roster I think and and another 8 to 10 guys who barely played. Duke loses 4 of their top 5 scorers, the top FOGO, their best defender, both LSM's and two of their SSDM rotation. Cupboard is far from bare their obviously but that's a boatload.

ND is in a similar spot. First off to the relief of everyone Pat Kavanaugh and Taylor are both gone. Taylor I think technically has another year if he petitions for it but I think the expectation is that he is gone. Entenmann, Gray, Conlin, McLane, Burlace, Dobson, Burgmaster, Parlette, Harris, amongst others. Assumign Taylor is gone, ND loses 4 of their top 6 scorers, their goalie, multiple SSDMs including at least one starter and I believe 2 of their 3 starting poles. Again cupboard from from bare but like Duke, thats a ton to just simply replace without skipping a beat.

Always feels wrong to start talking about next season when the current one is still happening, but this is what message boards are for.

I feel like next year will be one of the first where there will be no clear cut number one team to start the year. I think a team like Cornell, who missed the tournament completely this year, has a good claim to be top 5 next year. I still think the ACC will have some top five teams, but I think the Ivy League is set up really well next season, perhaps overtaking the Big 10 in terms of tournament bids.

For the ACC, it should be interesting. I'm sure people won't want to say SU is preseason number one next year, but they'll have a good argument for it. If everyone who is expected to come back does, they'll have two very good attackmen, a very experienced and deep midfield, a good situation at face-off, three very good long sticks and at least one SSDM who is All American capable. The goalie situation is obviously something watch, and I'd feel better with more SSDM depth, but comared to the rest of the ACC, they seem to have the least amount of questions.

Notre Dame I think will still be pretty good next year - three starters on offense come back (so long as Faison doesn't decide to ditch lacrosse to focus on football). They bring in a top recruiting class and they always have a good defense, no matter their losses. They'll be solid at face-off with Will Lynch. Will Angrik and Max Busenkell I imagine will get more playing time at midfield. I don't think they'll be nearly as good as this year, but I'm not expecting a huge drop off. I can see them being a top five team next year, though perhaps I'm crazy.

Duke on the other hand, maybe they do suffer a big dropoff. Andrew McAdory showed against SU he can be a really good attackman, but who else will be his running mates? Going from Brennan O'Neil and Dyson Williams to anyone else will be a huge change. They have a good goalie in Jamieson, but lose a ton on defense and don't have the same history as ND on that side of the field. I can't really remember the last time Duke went through a true rebuild but next year might be one. Like ND they have a really good recruiting class next year.

Virginia should be interesting - obviously Millon is a really good player, but he'll most likely go from being guarded by the third best defenseman to the best (like McAdory). Who joins him on attack? I am guessing one of the Colsey twins will take that left handed spot, and another one of their multiple top ten attackmen will take the third spot. But they've had depth issues this year, and now they are losing their best two offensive players in Shellenberger and Cormier. Defenses loses it's best longstick and ssdm. They should again be decent at face-offs and goal with Ghorbial and Nunes back. Still, they need their young players to hit the ground running.

UNC should be interesting - if they really did land Gianforcaro in the portal, that's a big addition. Their defense was pretty good last year and adding a top end goalie should only make them better. They will have probably the best FOGO in the ACC with Wambach. Duffy and Petro should make a dynamic combo on attack, but they still have issues at midfield (though they welcome some five star midfielders to their recruiting class). I was ready to put UNC back at the bottom of the ACC for next year, but the goalie addition might change things.

I still think the ACC is going to be very good next year, and SU will have some seriously challenging games on its hands. But they should be well positioned when compared to what they lost and what they bring back.

Another possible lefty attackman for UVa would be Thomas Menke, who has been waiting his turn. A third possibility might be Patrick McIntosh, who was injured after 3 games in his freshman year 2021, and might be back as a red shirt senior, next year. As you mention, the freshman Kyle Colsey might take over.

Sunderland could move into the feeder role. Freshman Ryan Duenkel might be healthy and challenge in that role. Possibly, Millon takes over at X and Schutz moves to righty finisher.

Certainly, losing Cormier and Shellenberger will hurt but it looks more like a reload on offense to me.

Duke also loses Zawada, so they lose their top 3 scorers, and some good guys off the defense.

ND does bring in a top recruit at midfield in Matt Jeffery, and a lefty finisher on the 2nd wave of NB AA in Brady Pokorny. ND losing their goalie Entenmann could hurt.

UNC seems to be going for it. Matan I figured would start at attack for the Heels next year. Perhaps he still will, but interesting pickup.

UNC told the players they are bringing in several players from the portal at a team meeting after the season.

UNC seems to be going for it. Matan I figured would start at attack for the Heels next year. Perhaps he still will, but interesting pickup.

Matan maybe portal bound. Doesn't appear UNC wants to run him at attack and clearly the move to midfield has not worked. Dupuis is an intriguing player, gives of Mule vibes. Good player but a big jump in competition maybe an issue

Matan maybe portal bound. Doesn't appear UNC wants to run him at attack and clearly the move to midfield has not worked. Dupuis is an intriguing player, gives of Mule vibes. Good player but a big jump in competition maybe an issue
I assume the defenseman, Joe Matan, playing for Gonzaga this year, is his brother. Joe Matan is headed to OSU this coming fall.

No program does less with more.
There is virtually no recognition of the program by the local media. The last article by WRDU or the Raleigh News and observer were from when they lucked into the championship…

Another possible lefty attackman for UVa would be Thomas Menke, who has been waiting his turn. A third possibility might be Patrick McIntosh, who was injured after 3 games in his freshman year 2021, and might be back as a red shirt senior, next year. As you mention, the freshman Kyle Colsey might take over.

Sunderland could move into the feeder role. Freshman Ryan Duenkel might be healthy and challenge in that role. Possibly, Millon takes over at X and Schutz moves to righty finisher.

Certainly, losing Cormier and Shellenberger will hurt but it looks more like a reload on offense to me.

Duke also loses Zawada, so they lose their top 3 scorers, and some good guys off the defense.

ND does bring in a top recruit at midfield in Matt Jeffery, and a lefty finisher on the 2nd wave of NB AA in Brady Pokorny. ND losing their goalie Entenmann could hurt.
I believe Jack Boyden has another yr of eligibility if he chooses to come back, He can def play attack next yr for UVA too.

I think ND may get Staudt to replace Entenmann

I think ND may get Staudt to replace Entenmann
ND in a similar spot to us. Ricciardelli was a top recruit and they appear to really like him, just like our staff with McCool. Curious to see what these coaching staffs do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom