Are we expecting any more outgoing portal announcements at this point? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are we expecting any more outgoing portal announcements at this point?

I agree some is needed. After each semester you should be able to leave and play. That should include the Summer semester.

Teams can still add portal players. Freshman come in and take spots on the 2 deep. There will be plenty of kids mid August wanting out. This rule actually hurts our chances of getting these kids.
I don’t know about leaving mid-August and being immediately eligible, seems to be asking a bit much.

I agree some is needed. After each semester you should be able to leave and play. That should include the Summer semester.

Teams can still add portal players. Freshman come in and take spots on the 2 deep. There will be plenty of kids mid August wanting out. This rule actually hurts our chances of getting these kids.
If a transfer comes in and pushes a guy further down the depth chart, or if he's pushed down by someone who literally just got on campus, he's probably not anyone who would be of immediate help to Syracuse.

Nothing stopping a kid from transferring at will. But there are rules as to when you can transfer and still be able to play. Much like a reg student. Feel free to leave school in Oct. Doesnt mean you can just jump into any other school and start classes.

Some structure is needed.

I think players should be able to transfer to the other team mid-game.

Is this not America?

I think players should be able to transfer to the other team mid-game.

Is this not America?

Didn't the Mariners trade Ichiro to the Yankees in the middle of a 3 game series?

That doesn't count. He's from Japan.

I would like to see a trade in, say, the 4th inning of a game.
four fingers.gif

That doesn't count. He's from Japan.

I would like to see a trade in, say, the 4th inning of a game.
I vaguely recall a story of a trade or two in between games of a double header. May have been Mets slugger Joel Youngblood.

* traded and played two games in a day for different teams. Mets at Cubs day then to Philly for the night game with the Expos