FSU vs The ACC | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

While I agree with you it comes down to the future vision of the University from the SU Administrators and Trustees. We walked away from AAU, from my understanding, as the AAU organization was going much more STEM including a heavy focus on Medical. We simply don’t have a Medical program which is a HUGE issue for the school overall IMO. UpState Med is right there and could easily be incorporated into SU but that would take SU becoming a hybrid school like Cornell & Pitt for example and from what I have heard, the Trustees, etc like their sole private status and no interference (or limited anyway) from Albany. While we are going there, the Engineering program and Computer Science programs could be improved as well. Adding in a satellite campus downstate such as taking over SUNY Purchase under the SU umbrella for example would be a huge boost as well. It‘s a lack of vision and expanding the current thinking that is holding SU back IMO.
From what I've read Upstate has less than zero interest in an any affiliation with SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom