Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

People here are taking the piss on vitamin water and portray Adam as a sleazy mob boss who the university needed to disassociate from (despite the fact that he still hangs out with JB). I never said all billionaires are shady - but my impression is the ones who are trying to get into the NIL game with their respective schools tend to strike a narcissistic tone. I think the university will change their tune on Adam if season tickets start crashing. We might be 1 more NIT season away from such a precipice. Fans are loyal up to a point and I think SU takes it for granted.
I’ve had a few conversations with Adam and he’s been nothing but great to me. He goes out of his way to be nice. Im a fan of his. I have no reason to smear his name because people don’t like his approach to bringing celebrities to the games.

Jake said something that inferred it wasn’t just money so it’s hard to believe one specific thing over the other when our insiders here aren’t aligned on it either. And that’s not a shot at anyone it’s just the reality sometimes people get different information.
It's whomever has the biggest bag to offer with almost these kids now. Why do you think Leffew didn't come here.

Nobody ever said they are dumb. It certainly sounds like a case where an objective person can make an argument for and against trying to retain Adam. I also think it's reasonable to think the university may rethink their position if the NIL shortfall continues to be a problem. My biggest issue is some will view NIL as a scapegoat that completely exonerates this team's outlook next season and beyond. I wouldn't mind being the head coach if I can just say "we didn't have the money to compete".
I have never heard Red say any such thing. Have you?

Leonardo Dicaprio Slow Clap GIF

Maybe the Yankees will start calling fans around the trade deadline, gotta shore up some funds to get that extra piece.

Fans investing into players is a 100% loss. Unless you're swinging around Vitamin Water or whatever business money around and you can play fantasy sports and get your jollys off with the big year. But for me, and I'm guessing a lot on here, it would be very difficult to part with 5-10k especially considering the amount I spend already.

Who makes out best if we're good? Not the people footing the bill. The university, the coach, the players, the program, the acc, and the ncaa are the ones who benefit.

I've pretty much cut out every sport from regular watching including the 15 college games a week at a minimum I used to watch, I can cut out 30 games and move on with life or when the sport stabilizes. Whatever is going on now is awful.

100% true IMO. Just as the saying; "There's a sucker born every minute."

Twice? Meaning he returned to the fold and was kicked out again?
No, was just meaning i don't see any other mega rich dude coming to Syracuse and being close to the program.

Why isn’t micron helping us like ups or whatever is helping Memphis?
Micron isnt even helping Boise State on the NIL side, with whom they share a city (their HQ), why would they help some satellite plant location? Their PR is maxed out already, giving money away is just burning through cash with nearly no benefit.

Last edited:
Fwiw, heard we were around the 400-500k market for Kadary..
$750K. Which aligns with most top-flight transfers.

Our program is shopping at Wegman's and looking for Aldi prices.

Might find one or two items in the store that fit, but ultimately it's going to be tough sledding if you're looking for a high-end meal.

Fans are also expecting Wegman's results. Which ultimately might be the biggest mistake of them all. Sad.

I'm not paying money so SU can pay players and compete in this ridiculous arms race that we have no chance of winning as a private school. If that means we'll never be top 10 again, so be it. I'll watch pro sports instead.
thanks for the insight

I'm not paying money so SU can pay players and compete in this ridiculous arms race that we have no chance of winning as a private school. If that means we'll never be top 10 again, so be it. I'll watch pro sports instead.
I agree, and assume a lot of the SU fans in my life feel similarly, but would say it slightly different. Donating to a collective is very far down on the priority list for my disposable income. I don’t like how that translates to not being as big of a fan as someone else.

$750K. Which aligns with most top-flight transfers.

Our program is shopping at Wegman's and looking for Aldi prices.

Might find one or two items in the store that fit, but ultimately it's going to be tough sledding if you're looking for a high-end meal.

Fans are also expecting Wegman's results. Which ultimately might be the biggest mistake of them all. Sad.
If we're at and Aldi level, how far are we from a Price Rite or Dollar General?

I have never heard Red say any such thing. Have you?
No but some people here certainly suggest Red can’t be judged fairly because of NIL.

Football is getting a lot more money then basketball and mostly because the football alums started there own nil and rumored to have brought in more then 3 million themselves…
The point there is prominent alums felt compelled to take action because of Fran. Red is not energizing the alumni at remotely the same level. And then we have assistants blowing a lot of smoke up our derrière with premature popcorn references.

Micron isnt even helping Boise State on the NIL side, with whom they share a city (their HQ), why would they help some satellite plant location? Their PR is maxed out already, giving money away is just burning through cash with nearly no benefit.
So we shouldn’t expect anything from Dunder Mifflin Syracuse?

I’ve had a few conversations with Adam and he’s been nothing but great to me. He goes out of his way to be nice. Im a fan of his. I have no reason to smear his name because people don’t like his approach to bringing celebrities to the games.
Agreed. I spoke to him once or twice, spoke basketball and family, all good things. Very nice guy. I also think it takes guts to volunteer to talk to people about things that were going on with bball and him at the time, even some random fan like me.

Thats not 100% of it. How are we getting elite kids in football. Its a combination of things
I said ALMOST not ALL :). If we had more people like Fran out there it would make things a lot better.

Agreed. I spoke to him once or twice, spoke basketball and family, all good things. Very nice guy. I also think it takes guts to volunteer to talk to people about things that were going on with bball and him at the time, even some random fan like me.
It takes guts to talk about a situation he created for himself? The bar is so low…