Interesting NIL Collective initiative | Syracusefan.com

Interesting NIL Collective initiative

mikemorg

Walk On
IMG_7288.jpeg
At the Orioles v Nationals game in DC, and the Maryland Collective have a table in centerfield to raise money. I’m sure it doesn’t raise a ton of money and not sure if they are only here cuz the O’s are in tow. - stadium is half full and is 0’s fans.

Perhaps this is more common than I realize but I just thought it was interesting.

View attachment 240928At the Orioles v Nationals game in DC, and the Maryland Collective have a table in centerfield to raise money. I’m sure it doesn’t raise a ton of money and not sure if they are only here cuz the O’s are in tow. - stadium is half full and is 0’s fans.

Perhaps this is more common than I realize but I just thought it was interesting.
Whatever they get is more than if they didn't do it.

This is all going to end soon. There will be a settlement of the lawsuits. Players will be paid by the schools. The conferences as we know them will be much different. Syracuse will have a seat but it will be in a second tier.

This is all going to end soon. There will be a settlement of the lawsuits. Players will be paid by the schools. The conferences as we know them will be much different. Syracuse will have a seat but it will be in a second tier.
The point of view that Syracuse will be in a second tier is not shared by the administration. They’re willing to spend to be at the big table.

The point of view that Syracuse will be in a second tier is not shared by the administration. They’re willing to spend to be at the big table.
No question they are trying to position themselves now for the big table. But are we too late to the party? Time will tell.

View attachment 240928At the Orioles v Nationals game in DC, and the Maryland Collective have a table in centerfield to raise money. I’m sure it doesn’t raise a ton of money and not sure if they are only here cuz the O’s are in tow. - stadium is half full and is 0’s fans.

Bake Sale!!
How long before we find out one of these ‘pop-up’ drives is fraudulent? Do we know what the collector’s ‘cut’ is? Infrastructure and processing fees? Commissions and year-end bonuses? Where are all of those regulations published? Is there a national/overall governance or is it up to each group?

Sadly, it's time to recognize that major college teams are now professional and schools should be able to directly pay their players instead of relying on supposed "outside" collectives.
That, in turn, opens up many new issues including player unions and the ability to "fire" (release) players.

Conference alignments may make little sense.
And perhaps less sense to avoid grouping different sports in different conferences.

The game is rapidly changing.
It's a difficult time for coaches, AD's and university presidents/chancellors.
Fans, too, in different ways.
They'll have to feel their way through it.

As for me, I'm getting under the table.

No question they are trying to position themselves now for the big table. But are we too late to the party? Time will tell.
By second tier I mean that we will as we currently do in the ACC remain in a good situation. One that has a chance at a National Championship. I do however see two tiers in this set up