Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

Out of the bunch we currently have, Q would have started at PG.

Hide Hiding GIF
How can he start if he isn't eligible to play?

Get your popcorn ready is what the professors said to themselves before they started grading Q's tests. Popcorn and two brand new red pens.

From all indications, no tests were completed. Therefore, no popcorn needed.

Do you think this is an indication that they are confident Westry can play 20mpg at the 1?

I do like Carlos, but I’m a little concerned if we are expecting him to play 30+mpg at the 1 in the ACC when our only other PG is a 6’6 SF who didn’t play at all last year.

Maybe JJ shows more combo guard ability? Maybe Westry is the real deal? Maybe a little bit of both?

I don't think it's an indication of that, necessarily.

I think you may be onto something with your point about JJ. And if Westry is healthy [which remains an "if" until he actually proves that he can stay healthy and contribute], then I think we can cobble together enough playmaking outside of Carlos.

But I wouldn't recommend counting on Westry as a strategy, until he shows he can get on the court.

Yeah, slim pickens. A backup to Carlos at best
If Carlos wasn't committed to a program at this point and Cuse wasn't showing interest, where do you think he would fall on this list?

If Carlos wasn't committed to a program at this point and Cuse wasn't showing interest, where do you think he would fall on this list?
Among the next 10 available?

I mean, we aren't a player for Wagner or Hoggard (or Copeland, obviously)

Among the next 10 available?

I mean, we aren't a player for Wagner or Hoggard (or Copeland, obviously)
Agree. So as it stand Cuse has a starting pg that comes from a ‘slim pickens’ list. I want to wait to reserve judgement on how that will work out for the team, but currently not that optimistic.

I'm starting to wonder if Copeland will play anywhere next year. I haven't seen any real interest. Sad situation if that is the case.
Yeah, outside of that initial list of schools that reached out the first week of April, I have seen nothing.

I'm starting to wonder if Copeland will play anywhere next year. I haven't seen any real interest. Sad situation if that is the case.
Agreed. Everything about him seems off. Like I don't even believe Kansas is interested.

Out of curiosity do we look at Jucos as any opportunity for a PG or would those waters already been fished already as well?

Easy to be interested. Harder to be interested once you get more details about why he's in the portal. Even harder if he's ineligible.
what were the details behind this?