Quadir Copeland transferring to McNeese St | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland transferring to McNeese St

Does he have to attend class at McNeese state?
Yes, just to show his face and make it look good. Now, doing the work.... Surely a talented kid with some flaws in his game that I hoped he could have fixed with us. It is what it is.

He should have just manned up, shut his mouth and been a team player.
Brutal. I’m wondering when it got to be too much drama with him. He won us two big games.

Obviously the Miami buzzer beater was huge. Can’t forget the home stretch for UNC tho. Carried us on defense and kept the momentum going. Wonder if it was happening before or just got worse after those games

A while back I argued with Dasher about what kind of kid Q is and argued that Dasher was unfairly labeling Copeland.. I'm here to admit I was wrong. What I learned after the fact was that he was tremendously difficult in a number of ways and disrespectful. He was not welcome back here. He didn't have a choice whether or not to leave Cuse. Suffice to say Siena was also not an option. And I'm told his transfer options were also limited by his transcript and he's not thrilled where he ended up. A case of a kid who blew a great opportunity.

I guess Q did enough to be eligible. I will miss watching him play. I hope he has a great year, takes care of business and transfers to a great program like, well, Syracuse, for his last year.

A while back I argued with Dasher about what kind of kid Q is and argued that Dasher was unfairly labeling Copeland.. I'm here to admit I was wrong. What I learned after the fact was that he was tremendously difficult in a number of ways and disrespectful. He was not welcome back here. He didn't have a choice whether or not to leave Cuse. Suffice to say Siena was also not an option. And I'm told his transfer options were also limited by his transcript and he's not thrilled where he ended up. A case of a kid who blew a great opportunity.
I'm shocked to learn that he was so difficult. He seemed like such a great and supportive teammate on the bench and on the floor seemed to love the team. I'm highly disappointed. Maybe 2 summer sessions and some finagling will make him eligible to play right away, or an additional fall semester to be eligible in January (the meat of the season). Though he trashed us on the way out, I wish him well and give him a pass because he was a joy to watch, and mostly because he is young, immature and emotional.

Last edited:
Wow, unbelievable. If the kid could shut his mouth he would have had his pick of great schools.

Wow, unbelievable. If the kid could shut his mouth he would have had his pick of great schools.
Actually if you believe what is on this board the more applicable comment would be "if the kid just went to class and did enough, he could have had a better selection to pick from ". It wasn't his receptiveness to coaching or locker room attitude that got him to Mcneese.

Yeah I heard he posted some crap and then deleted it. Kid needs to get his head out of his ass, he isn’t going to the NBA and whatever pro ball he may be able to play won’t last long. Grow up
GND7WY6W0AEEPP7.jpeg

Unfortunately a large percentage of these kids have no idea the opportunity in front of them until it's too late, their basketball career ends at 24, and they have no clue what to do next. And that goes for all of college basketball, not just Syracuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom