Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Anthony, Jackson, and White? 3 man class and a portal 4/5?
That would be nice but will need two who can play the 5 and more if Freeman has a great year. Can Patterson play and might he return?

Killer three man class, but would really like a big since we'd lose both Lampkin and MacClouwd.
I just counted, including the Big East, the P5 has 80 basketball schools. Less than two players in the top 150 available per school.

If we get this class, will have 3 of the top 40.

If Freeman is still around, a couple transfer bigs and we're all set for a great season, even with the freshman lumps we'll be taking.

I just counted, including the Big East, the P5 has 80 basketball schools. Less than two players in the top 150 available per school.

If Freeman is still around, a couple transfer bigs and we're all set for a great season, even with the freshman lumps we'll be taking.
You’ve got to subtract Duke and Kentucky’s annual haul. Less than that to spread between 78 schools. :)

I don't want to fight for big men in the portal as an annual thing.

You’ve got to subtract Duke and Kentucky’s annual haul. Less than that to spread between 78 schools. :)
I agree, is not like a draft ;)

But it's getting 3 guys that good would go a long way towards saying "Here's Johnny!"

The Shining GIF

I don't want to fight for big men in the portal as an annual thing.
So you’re expecting to get a high school big man, develop him 2-3 years, and fend off bags from other schools every year?

I don't believe he will be the first person to verbal to us. But he won't be far behind.
Dash do you think we’ll be able to save on NIL with Anthony given the connection to pops… allowing us to spend that on other kids we’re after?

Well with Cal gone to Arkansas, Kentucky will not be getting quite the classes they did. And the question is will Arkansas $$$ have as much attraction as Kentucky without the Kentucky cachet?

Well with Cal gone to Arkansas, Kentucky will not be getting quite the classes they did. And the question is will Arkansas $$$ have as much attraction as Kentucky without the Kentucky cachet?
Future lotto picks still want to play for Cal. Arkansas has some money too. He'll continue to pull recruits. He'll probably balance it with transfers, but he'll still pull 5 stars.

Pope over at Kentucky is definitely going to focus on the portal, given the recent tournament misfortunes of his predecessor and how the fanbase took it.

"The 6-foot-5 junior guard out of Team Melo and Long Island Lutheran (NY.) has averaged 23.7 points through three games at EYBL Session 3 in Indianapolis, mainly in front of his father’s alma mater Syracuse.

The Orange have long had an offer out for Anthony and upped the pursuit this week as head coach Adrian Autry attended all three games with two assistants by his side.

“With the head coach, he’s definitely showing a lot of love,” he said post-game. “Their whole coaching staff is listening to every game. That really shows their interest in me and what I can do on the court, not just because of my dad. They really invested in what I can do on the court.”

“I really like Syracuse,” he concluded. “My bond with them is really with the assitant coach, he’s shown a lot of love. He’s became a friend, a mentor to me.”

He also noted current Syracuse commit Elijah Moore has been in contact with him, as the two are both from New York City.

“We talk all the time,” Anthony said. “He tells me he’s excited to go there, the atmosphere is good, and the college campus is good. I’m looking forward to seeing him play and possibly teaming up with him.”

Anthony will take visits after the summer, saying he wants to see Syracuse,
Florida State and Arizona State while taking trips to Indiana, Tennessee, and Auburn, should they eventually offer.

He’ll look to narrow the schools after the fourth EYBL Session (May 29th) and commit by early December, or even November, he says.

I don't know that we know this to be true.

I think 0307 is saying that's it's hard to prioritize the 2 likely most 'expensive' (in terms of NIL), competitive, and in demand positions at the same time, given a non-infinite budget of NIL and time.

Ideally in future years, we only need to fill out a few holes, not do a total rebuild.

But given this is now the Portal Era, maybe it's gonna always be almost all new guys every year.
Sigh.

I think 0307 is saying that's it's hard to prioritize the 2 likely most 'expensive' (in terms of NIL), competitive, and in demand positions at the same time, given a non-infinite budget of NIL and time.

Ideally in future years, we only need to fill out a few holes, not do a total rebuild.

But given this is now the Portal Era, maybe it's gonna always be almost all new guys every year.
Sigh.
So let's say Tyler Jackson commits tomorrow and we can say we've got our primary point guard for 2025.

Are we confident getting a starting 5 is easier?

Sigh.
Red wants to recruit guys for 2-3 years and fill the other spots with transfers. It's hard recruiting centers because even most of the 5 star guys aren't really ready to contribute. If we had to just get a center this year we would have been better off. We probably should have recruited another point last year although I don't really blame Red. He did not get the job until March 2023.

Sigh.
The “portal era” is only going to to be a an “extended segment” starting next year. It’ll be more than The old transfers window used to be before all this, but it’s not gonna be similar to it was the last few years with the Covid and 5th year either. Many coaches and programs have talked about already adjusting their roster construction this off-season to adjust to it. Some coaches are taking the last year of the circus and taking a Hail Mary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom