Virginia Game Thread... | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Thread...

We were destroyed but I don't feel that badly. I just watched the best 3 PT shooting i have ever seen. Nothing you could do about it. JB said they were the best earlier in the year and he was right. Thanks to our good first half waiting for Jim's presser.

UVA's one missing ingredient is strong inside play. Salt/Diakite/Huff are mediocre at best.

Do people feel better about this loss when they say UVA won’t do anything in the tourney? So we just got smoked at home by a team that can’t do it in the tourney?

JB’s offense is becoming an issue. It’s not evolving and if you combine it with his adherence to the zone, we’re going to be a constant bubble team at best because players aren’t going to come here to fight the stigma of playing zone and playing in a bad offense.

uhhh pretty sure I remember pounding Archie in 2016 in the 1st round

I stand corrected. So that leaves Capel and Billy G.

Or hopefully the Celtics go down the toilet and make Brad walk the plank. CNY can be his landing spot.

Do people feel better about this loss when they say UVA won’t do anything in the tourney? So we just got smoked at home by a team that can’t do it in the tourney?

JB’s offense is becoming an issue. It’s not evolving and if you combine it with his adherence to the zone, we’re going to be a constant bubble team at best because players aren’t going to come here to fight the stigma of playing zone and playing in a bad offense.

BECOMING an issue?

We were destroyed but I don't feel that badly. I just watched the best 3 PT shooting i have ever seen. Nothing you could do about it. JB said they were the best earlier in the year and he was right. Thanks to our good first half waiting for Jim's presser.
How do people say this?...

Yes, there absolutely is something you can do about it.

After the first half I was thinking just keep the game close and even if we lose we go into the Clemson game with confidence. Now I don't know. No reason to think we can beat Clemson there. Thank God the team showed up against WF.

cavs also had 22 assists to our 8. they moved the ball once they stopped force feeding the high post.

this is probably the biggest beatdown ive ever seen in a half against syracuse. not only dont we belong on the same court as them, we dont belong in the same league. this 2nd half is like a college team against high school kids.
We don’t belong in the ACC?.. that’s blasphemy. I’m still on probation for posting that. Only I meant because it’s a Confederacy and we are damn Yankees

Agreed...but it’s the scrubs. Etiquette rules kinda go out the window when they get in because their chances are so limited. IMO.

Yeah thanks for keeping perspective on that. Autry Jr. did the same on Saturday and I loved it. #iamahypocrite

We don’t belong in the ACC?.. that’s blasphemy. I’m still on probation for posting that. Only I meant because it’s a Confederacy and we are damn Yankees
Yea, agreed... that’s a bit too far. We’ve been to a Final 4, Elite 8 and Sweet 16 recently.

Now the regular seasons... we belong, but might as well be NC State.

cavs also had 22 assists to our 8. they moved the ball once they stopped force feeding the high post.
not over difficult to get 22 assists wen you shoot 18 for 25 from 3 points!

Not the strong effort I was hoping for with the tourney just around the corner. Sure, Virginia shot lights out. But when you get outscored 45-19 in the second half, it doesn’t bode well. Through 30 games, there’s not a lot mystery to this team.

When you give good shooters so much space and open shots they should make them. Frankly, it looked like we stopped playing defense after we got down 12.

Not the strong effort I was hoping for with the tourney just around the corner. Sure, Virginia shot lights out. But when you get outscored 45-19 in the second half, it doesn’t bode well. Through 30 games, there’s not a lot mystery to this team.

We've lost to different teams for different reasons.

That's usually a sign that your team is not, overall, a very good team.

People love ripping Virginia for last year, and I get it they should have won, but hunter was the guy they lost right before March. As you can see... he’s kind of a player. Aka lottery pick. He was a key rotational guy.

People love ripping Virginia for last year, and I get it they should have won, but hunter was the guy they lost right before March. As you can see... he’s kind of a player. Aka lottery pick. He was a key rotational guy.

Hunter is essentially the guy we hoped Oshae might be.

He can beat you inside and then pop outside and beat you there.

Impressive.

We've lost to different teams for different reasons.

That's usually a sign that your team is not, overall, a very good team.

Many have recognized, I hope, for some time that is an ordinary team. I remember thinking in November, after we struggled with Morehead State, that this would be an up and down season. Now too many seem to be content if we make the Sweet 16. But it’s pretty obvious the program has reached a plateau. We continue to recruit well enough to remain relevant, but as we witnessed tonight and over the last few games with Duke and Carolina, the program has taken a step back.

When you give good shooters so much space and open shots they should make them. Frankly, it looked like we stopped playing defense after we got down 12.
I agree. The air went out of the balloon at that point for SU.

No doubt UVA shot the lights out tonight and that was very impressive. But I think SU made them look even better than they really are. They have minimal low post scoring presence. Get a couple of quick guards to get in their grill and then we'll see what Guy and Jerome can do. That's what Duke did in Charlottesville and they locked em up.
I agree. Their post game is marginal...as we all know...making shots in the ncaas is hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom