2024 Men's Div I Bracket | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Men's Div I Bracket

Agrees but if your the Duke AD, you gotta let Dino know it's time to retire. Zero titles in more then a decade and none with O'Neil, horrific.
Not sure what the call was coming out of the timeout. Frustrating to have it end up with a weak shot stick side high

Agrees but if your the Duke AD, you gotta let Dino know it's time to retire. Zero titles in more then a decade and none with O'Neil, horrific.
I totally agree & was going to say the same thing. Duke totally bombed in the 2nd half like they did against Cuse & NC in the regular season. They just never showed up after halftime. What is with that team? O'Neil can't do it by himself. So in the Tewaaraton race I'd say O'Neil is out & the ND goalie wasn't stellar today. So Pat Cavanaugh v Shellenberger?

Last edited:
No titles with O’Neil is awful.

Interesting if they tell him to step aside for his son or blow the whole thing up. (I doubt they do either but wouldn’t be surprised).

Wierman has been on a tear the last few weeks.
I thought I saw speculation that if they don't jettison Dano they may his son.

I thought I saw speculation that if they don't jettison Dano they may his son.
Highly doubt they’d tell him to can his son or resign.

Not the way they’d end the guy’s successful run as their HC.

They’ll either blow it up (if they don’t like Dano Jr) or tell Dano Sr to step aside for Jr.

Well also o’neil gave up the ball way to easily he tried to dodge once saw double coming then just pass ball off. He has to keep that ball and push it himself knowing he’s drawing a double team means can dish it to move it round fast for better chance. But to me seem like o’neil didn’t want any parts of trying to be the guy there after timeout.

Also weirdman kept maryland in it just wining and winning at X allowing marylands offense to finally show up. Mean they had 18turnovers compared to dukes what 11 maby ? Also jamison didn’t make many saves or big saves second half n dukes offense just as have parts of season went ice cold.

In playoffs yes need to rely on ur big name guys but other players also have to show up. Your top 3 won’t or can’t always carry ya to win. If look at box score believe 3-4 dudes had mostly all goals for duke while maryland had 6-7 diff guys score. In may need to have multiple dudes be able to score. Has to be a total team effort and other guys have to step up. I hope toma cuse is ready can not start slow toma as with tree trunk at X for denver have to take care of ball and value your possessions. Got to come not only at start to play but have to play full 60mins hustling for every ball.

Also think toma cuse needs to be able to hit some outside rips. Denver’s D likes to play compacted don’t press out a ton. Which will make the middle little difficult to get in, so def can’t force passes to middle. They almost give ya the outside shots at times think that’s where rhoa needs to make them pay. If can get some outside rips canned will force denver to have to play out little more opening up the middle. Game is toma and i’m already nervous.

I totally agree & was going to say the same thing. Duke totally bombed in the 2nd half like the did against Cuse & NC in the regular season. They just never showed up after halftime. What is with that team? O'Neil can't do it by himself. So in the Tewaaraton race I'd say O'Neil is out & the BD goalie wasn't stellar today. So Pat Cavanaugh v Shellenberger?

Ya O'Neil lost the T today. Probably gonna be Kavanaugh again, UVA can't beat ND. Dino not going to Mcadorey at attack is dumbfounding. O'Neil is a great player but he doesn't initiate from X or even GLE. He wants to run it from up top. You have to let Mcadorey and Zawada dodge from X and GLE and open things up. Dyson Williams can easily run out of the box and still play his game

As said o’neil to me didn’t want to be the guy. He tried to dodge once after timeout. Well he took few steps saw double come n then gave ball up. He should have pulled it out when double came n reset to dodge again across top. He didn’t wanna take chance or put it on his shoulders it seemed to me. Def not sign of the greatest college lacrosse player. With game on line easily pass ball off.

Duke officially the leader for most disapointing season now, still can't figure them out. O'Neill is a really good player but it's obvious he isn't an alpha player and I'm not sure they have one this season.

Props to Maryland, they remind me of when Syracuse was a more consistent program, making final fours even in years they really had no business doing it!

Re O'Neil - was he ever a leader on the team for Duke? He always seemed like a follower to me. Not sure he ever demanded the ball or rallied his teammates. It seemed like yes if he was passed the ball he usually knew what to do with it, often successfully, but he wasn't one to carry the team. Hence no Nattys while he was there.

O’neil never had that killer instinct in my eyes. “follower” was spot on. Will play his part and role but with game on line and being their best O guy (to most not saying he was to me) never demanding ball or did enough even hustle plays for his team. Yes defense def crumbled along with goalie. But offense also didn’t do much when had ball in second half. Just sad i don’t like duke or maryland n wish both could have lost but one had to win and prob hate duke more then maryland tho they’re very close. Hopefully that’s only acc team that doesn’t punch ticket to chip weekend. come on orange

“I hate replay. I don’t like it in any sport,” Danowski said when asked about the Maltz goal in the fourth quarter. “You know, I think we’re human beings and we’re playing a game. To me, there’s no place for technology in the sport. But I get it, we have to keep up with the times. But the whole team jumped on the field, we’re playing a game…the coach ran into one of our players, that’s not a great look for our sport. But it is what it is.”

Not a great look for the sport to have balls that hit the back of the net not be called goals either.

“I hate replay. I don’t like it in any sport,” Danowski said when asked about the Maltz goal in the fourth quarter. “You know, I think we’re human beings and we’re playing a game. To me, there’s no place for technology in the sport. But I get it, we have to keep up with the times. But the whole team jumped on the field, we’re playing a game…the coach ran into one of our players, that’s not a great look for our sport. But it is what it is.”

Not a great look for the sport to have balls that hit the back of the net not be called goals either.
make up call for the uva goal that clearly hit a post never gone in goal lol. But i agree technology shouldn’t be focused of sports but in big games and big calls do believe ya need to make sure it is the right call. That clearly looked like a goal to me when hit top. Congrats maryland. Only can hope orange show the same fight and never die as them toma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom