2024 Men's Div I Bracket | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Men's Div I Bracket

Curious as to the thought (or more likely the lack thereof) that goes into the game times/dates of matchups. Obviously Cuse is locked into hosting the Sunday evening game, but ND/Georgetown getting the earliest start time in the QFs on day one after both playing on Sunday afternoon? Then UVA + Denver getting 8 days between games to Cuse and JHU's 7? Seems like it should be set up so the winners of Saturday's first round game should play each other on Sat. of the QFs, and ditto for the Sunday games. Of course, that'd still give some teams an extra day of rest before the semifinals, but at least the teams playing each other would be in the same boat. As it is, the Duke/UMD and ND/GU winners will have an extra day to prepare as well.

Hi guys. I've never been to an SU lax game before and was thinking about checking out the SU/Denver game this weekend since it's only a half hour from my house. Do you need to get tickets beforehand or do you just show up and buy them on-site at the box office? Thanks.

Hi guys. I've never been to an SU lax game before and was thinking about checking out the SU/Denver game this weekend since it's only a half hour from my house. Do you need to get tickets beforehand or do you just show up and buy them on-site at the box office? Thanks.
Here is the site to buy ahead of time - TicketBastard, of course. :rolleyes:

Not sure if you can walk up and buy, but I assume you can.

You should be able to get them at the gate, but in my limited experience of going to games at Towson (I've been to a grand total of 1), getting them in advance would be better. I went to the JHU/Towson game last year and they had only 1-2 tickets booths open for game day tickets. It took about 20 minutes to get through the line. Just one experience but better to play it safe!

You should be able to get them at the gate, but in my limited experience of going to games at Towson (I've been to a grand total of 1), getting them in advance would be better. I went to the JHU/Towson game last year and they had only 1-2 tickets booths open for game day tickets. It took about 20 minutes to get through the line. Just one experience but better to play it safe!
Agree on this. Buy in advance. Get them loaded in the electronic wallet of your phone beforehand so when you go to the game, getting in is easy.

Should be a good crowd and there will be a bunch of casual fans who are trying to buy on gameday.

I would also recommend getting there early if you want a good seat.

I assume the seats will all be general admission. There aren't bad seats at the dome but if you can sit near midlevel on the lower level, that is the place you want to be. The lax crowds at the dome are the most knowledgeable in college lacrosse and it is pretty cool to sit at the center of it all.

Also, I assume you will have to pay for parking (credit card only) and there will likely be a narly queue getting into one of the West lots if you get there late. Go early, get a good parking space with little waiting, get a good seat, and take a little time to check out the new seating.

Should be a good one.

Agree on this. Buy in advance. Get them loaded in the electronic wallet of your phone beforehand so when you go to the game, getting in is easy.

Should be a good crowd and there will be a bunch of casual fans who are trying to buy on gameday.

I assume the seats will all be general admission. There aren't bad seats at the dome but if you can sit near midlevel on the lower level, that is the place you want to be. The lax crowds at the dome are the most knowledgeable in college lacrosse and it is pretty cool to sit at the center of it all.

Also, I assume you will have to pay for parking (credit card only) and there will likely be a narly queue getting into one of the West lots if you get there late. Go early, get a good parking space with little waiting, get a good seat, and take a little time to check out the new seating.

Should be a good one.

Good point about the parking! There likely won't be enough, and the parking lot was not really designed with crowd management in mind. Agree that getting there early will be smart.

{snip}

Lots of sports focused families redshirt their boy in Kindergarten and, if he’s good enough, reclass when transferring to a prep program.

{snip}
This may become more frequent for everybody. There are studies which have found that boys do better in school if they start at age 6 instead of 5. Boys who take that "redshirt year" match the performance of the year-younger girls at every grade instead of doing worse than same-age girls.

Ticket: $20
Service Fee: $37.50
Administrative Fee: $72
Processing Fee: $89
Just for fun Fee because we can: $45
To some people, the additional fees are worth it because they don't want to be in line waiting for 30 minutes to buy the ticket. Some people are super rich, time is money.

Syracuse announced a crowd of 3,167 for its defeat of Towson in its first NCAA tournament home game since 2018. That topped the weekend, with Maryland (3,095) also topping 3,000 and Denver cramming 2,965 into Peter Barton Stadium.

Overall, there were six attendance figures of 2,000 or more over the weekend, the first time that’s happened since 2016. Denver, Georgetown and Notre Dame had their largest first-round crowds ever, while Duke had its biggest since 2012 and Maryland had a 20-year high for its postseason opener.

Even the smallest crowd — the 1,469 who sat through two weather delays at Johns Hopkins — actually ties into aggregate improvement. It’s the first time all eight games on the opening weekend hit that total since 2007.

A few weeks ago tried to go to the ND vs. Duke game in Durham. Arrived 40 minutes before faceoff, sold out! Went to the Utah game Saturday, arrived 20 minutes early and sailed right in. I sat on the visitors side, was probably 1/3 full. The home side wasn't sold out either.

Now, I know ND has a huge fan base across all sports and it was #1 vs. #2 (or 3?) but still kind of crazy to me that a regular season game sold out and a playoff game was maybe 65-70% capacity.

Wish I lived closer to Towson or Hofstra, going to be some fun games this weekend. And man...a week between games, ugh! Sitting her on a Monday, Saturday seems really far away!

This may become more frequent for everybody. There are studies which have found that boys do better in school if they start at age 6 instead of 5. Boys who take that "redshirt year" match the performance of the year-younger girls at every grade instead of doing worse than same-age girls.
It's also becoming more frequent for everybody because people feel the obligation to keep up with the Joneses.

Should be a good one.

I think you two are talking about different locations. The SU game vs Denver is at Towson (all games now are at neutral sites). Tom's giving good info but showing up to the Dome on Sunday won't help you out.

Your best bet is to buy beforehand. I don't' know how many fans Denver is gonna bring and I don't know about a sell out being an issue but your better off getting tickets taken care of beforehand so you can avoid having to wait in a long line or get skunked. Should also be some good tailgating going on as well if you wanna arrive early.

I think you two are talking about different locations. The SU game vs Denver is at Towson (all games now are at neutral sites). Tom's giving good info but showing up to the Dome on Sunday won't help you out.
Sorry, please disregard. All I know about Towson State is that they have the most disgusting sweat soaked uniforms I have ever seen. That probably is not of much help.

Malcolm Gladwell appreciates the shout-out. ;)

Last edited:
Your best bet is to buy beforehand. I don't' know how many fans Denver is gonna bring and I don't know about a sell out being an issue but your better off getting tickets taken care of beforehand so you can avoid having to wait in a long line or get skunked. Should also be some good tailgating going on as well if you wanna arrive early.
Plus Hopkins (5 miles away) and Virginia (168 miles away) fans will be there also, although many probably coming later.

It's also becoming more frequent for everybody because people feel the obligation to keep up with the Joneses.

Which scares me. Between expensive travel teams, prep and private schools, and PG years, I fear sometime in the near future there aren't going to be any public school guys playing Top 20 DI lacrosse.

I know the public perception has traditionally linked lacrosse to money and New England boarding schools, but tons of public school guys were excellent college players. Will we ever see three of the best college lacrosse players come out of something like the Carthage Comet program?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom