2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Iowa must have been pretty stupid!
I am really surprised anyone comes to Iowa to begin with. If you have never been to Iowa City, well you aren't missing anything. It is best known for the hospital, and is continually growing in that regard,but there isn't a whole lot to interest the kids. The only good thing is if you are a star, you are worshiped.

I am really surprised anyone comes to Iowa to begin with. If you have never been to Iowa City, well you aren't missing anything. It is best known for the hospital, and is continually growing in that regard,but there isn't a whole lot to interest the kids. The only good thing is if you are a star, you are worshiped.
I have lived in the Iowa City area for the past 11 years. Never thought I would live in Iowa, but it is actually a nice place. There is more of a draw than just the hospital you mentioned. The fans/students really support their teams. Academics at the university are also strong. Internationally known for their writing program. Physician Assistant program is #1 in country. Physical Therapy program is #2 in the country.

I have lived in the Iowa City area for the past 11 years. Never thought I would live in Iowa, but it is actually a nice place. There is more of a draw than just the hospital you mentioned. The fans/students really support their teams. Academics at the university are also strong. Internationally known for their writing program. Physician Assistant program is #1 in country. Physical Therapy program is #2 in the country.
I have lived 90 miles from campus for 30 years. I have never heard of the writing program-the only thing in your post you said that I didn't have in mine. When my kids went on their tours there when they were deciding where to go to college, they never once brought up anything great. My son really wanted to go there, my kids were born in the hospital and he has always followed and rooted for the sports programs. They just couldn't sell him because they literally had nothing to offer. Him and his sister (his other sister decided not to go to college) both ended up at UNI. I will say the east side of the river is better than the west side. If they want to do anything they pretty much have to drive to Coralville or Cedar Rapids. Not a huge deal but you can't really do much within walking distance of campus. That being said, for those who have never been to Iowa, it is a fairly nice place to live. Lower cost of living, and again health care is top of the line. My son is now a college professor in Georgia and he still follows the Hawkeyes more than he does UNI and Georgia. Just like I follow Syracuse more than any Iowa team.

Won't happen. The people giving out this money didn't get that money by being dumb. The money starts being given once you start attending school.
Pretty sure it did happen in football. That offensive lineman committed to Iowa, collected then flipped to Bama.

I agree. My wife works at the hospital and daughter at a brewery. It’s not a bad scene, especially during game days.

I prefer the tailgate scene at Iowa state. Better though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom