Football Re-Seat Request | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Football Re-Seat Request

As a BA thats all I live for, users pressing buttons they never should and making stuff blow up.

I get and agree with not being able to buy seats and not leave a single. But I’m not sure about asking people in the past to move or slide down. We've had one single next to us for years. Once in a great while someone buys it as a season but most years it is sold game by game. I expect they'll ask me to now slide 1 seat to leave 2 seats and I'd be ok with that. But they have never asked anyone in our row to slide one way or another even when people somewhere in the row gave up their seats and a newbie bought them.

I suspect that if people saw 2 single seats in a row and called in and asked they might do something to fill a hole rather than try to anything ahead of time.

Our seats got slid several times over the years left and right.

I get and agree with not being able to buy seats and not is e a single. But I’m not sure about asking people in the past to move or slide down. We've had one single next to us for years. Once in a great while someone buys it as a season but most years it is sold game by game. I expect they'll ask me to now slide 1 seat to leave 2 seats and I'd be ok with that. But they have never asked anyone in our row to slide one way or another even when people somewhere in the row gave up their seats and a newbie bought them.
I think they only (smartly) started doing this a few years ago when we became season ticket holders. They wouldn't let us go from four to five and leave a single. we had to buy six. After one year, and when other seats opened, we were able to drop back down to five. They try their best to avoid singles now. Doesn't seem like they cared as much pre 2018.

I think they only (smartly) started doing this a few years ago when we became season ticket holders. They wouldn't let us go from four to five and leave a single. we had to buy six. After one year, and when other seats opened, we were able to drop back down to five. They try their best to avoid singles now. Doesn't seem like they cared as much pre 2018.
As inventory gets tighter, singles are going to be a huge no-no if they want to have a full building. Much harder to sell on TM

As bnoro and T-mark noted singles are a no-no for pretty much any season ticket sport or event. That said if your struggling for attendance (which SU surely was at times previously), you may may turn a blind eye at times as getting 5 season tickets with 1 single is better then 6 empty seats. With a re-seat I am unsure exactly how SU is going to do it because as much as upperdeck gets into unlikely scenarios I do think he raises an interesting point about how SU handles this from the very start of the selection process that may bleed into the later picks.

For example if a row has say I don't know 15 seats and one of the first people to select takes seats 7 and 8 because they want the middle. Is SU going to allow a group of 5 to then buy seats 1-5 when there turn comes up the next day or because it may leave one seat can they only buy four or all 6?

As bnoro and T-mark noted singles are a no-no for pretty much any season ticket sport or event. That said if your struggling for attendance (which SU surely was at times previously), you may may turn a blind eye at times as getting 5 season tickets with 1 single is better then 6 empty seats. With a re-seat I am unsure exactly how SU is going to do it because as much as upperdeck gets into unlikely scenarios I do think he raises an interesting point about how SU handles this from the very start of the selection process that may bleed into the later picks.

For example if a row has say I don't know 15 seats and one of the first people to select takes seats 7 and 8 because they want the middle. Is SU going to allow a group of 5 to then buy seats 1-5 when there turn comes up the next day or because it may leave one seat can they only buy four or all 6?
Yes exactly.. If someone wants to be 1-5, they need to be able to deal with that, slide 7-8 over to 6-7 or else they make gaps of 2 all over which leads to gaps that people with 3-4 cant every buy.

You need to be hands on with this from the beginning to make it go smoothly.

if you are going to enforce the gaps of 2 or more then you better get the word out and since it starts tomorrow, they haven't done that at all, unless they have kept it fairly limited in scope.

In a perfect world maybe, they would reach out instead of just having people do it themselves. But that's a ton of work as well.

This isnt a normal renewal with a few odd seats opening up. if buying the odd seat is what it takes to get your spot people need to be prepared and in some cases its large chunk of money.

I think my group is going to try and split up 3/3 and just grab the same seats in consecutive rows. Honestly it's easier to chat with the group that way at times.

That's the best way to do it, you can switch who sits where from game to game if needed and will make things much easier from a communication standpoint.

I was able to purchase a single season ticket in the front row of 328 a few years ago. I'm hoping I'll be able to do the same this time around as well, just in the opposite end zone.
Shouldn't be too hard.

No one is complaining about the people that buy single seats!

Keep up lol ;)
Zactly...they don't mind a single buying at one end of a string of odd available seats (3, 5, 7, etc...)

Zactly...they don't mind a single buying at one end of a string of odd available seats (3, 5, 7, etc...)
It sounded like the narrative was that singles were bad and others would be moved to avoid having single seats available.
According to Jeremy, “As bnoro and T-mark noted singles are a no-no for pretty much any season ticket sport or event.”

It sounded like the narrative was that singles were bad and others would be moved to avoid having single seats available.
According to Jeremy, “As bnoro and T-mark noted singles are a no-no for pretty much any season ticket sport or event.”
yes I agree they wont allow singles. But to do it correctly they need to slide people around. You could end up with tons of doubles in this process down low which is not the goal. If they dont care about that or people moving large amounts then its a non issue.

People complain about groups getting split at a movies or planes and thats a 1 time deal.

We fight this issue all the time on bus trip reservations with 50+ seats and thats mostly singles buying tickets.

We dont have the numbers but they do. how many groups of 2-3-4 etc sit in an area. That is what drives the issue. if its 90% 2 people in a section and sections have odd numbers of seats per row? Do they?

We know from just this small group that aisle people want aisle seats. Front row people want front rows.

Maybe no one else cares after that.

yes I agree they wont allow singles. But to do it correctly they need to slide people around. You could end up with tons of doubles in this process down low which is not the goal. If they dont care about that or people moving large amounts then its a non issue.

People complain about groups getting split at a movies or planes and thats a 1 time deal.

We fight this issue all the time on bus trip reservations with 50+ seats and thats mostly singles buying tickets.

We dont have the numbers but they do. how many groups of 2-3-4 etc sit in an area. That is what drives the issue. if its 90% 2 people in a section and sections have odd numbers of seats per row? Do they?

We know from just this small group that aisle people want aisle seats. Front row people want front rows.

Maybe no one else cares after that.

They aren’t going to slide anyone once someone picks a seat.

The person is selecting that seat to buy.

Once the purchase has gone through they won’t slide anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom