Interesting bit from Johnny Manzeil | Syracusefan.com

Interesting bit from Johnny Manzeil

What?! Big time football programs were paying players to go there?! And the NCAA did nothing about it??!! That can’t be!!!

Confused New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

Sorry, NIL might be legal now but paying players was cheating back then. Yes, players deserved to be paid for all the money they made these schools for decades, but that doesn’t change the fact that the schools that cheated broke the rules, got an unfair advantage over schools that weren’t cheating, and should have been/should be punished.

Last edited:
I saw this a few weeks ago. Does this actually surprise anyone…. It just confirms it to people who don’t believe they got paid even when it was illegal.
I can’t wait for Carlos Boozer and Zion Williamson to come out with similar interviews, not to mention Kenny Anderson. Oh the programs that got away with murder at our expense.

Anthony Davis and Nerlehns Noel were both bagged away from us too if I recall correctly.

I can’t wait for Carlos Boozer and Zion Williamson to come out with similar interviews, not to mention Kenny Anderson. Oh the programs that got away with murder at our expense.

Anthony Davis and Nerlehns Noel were both bagged away from us too if I recall correctly.
To be fair, we did our share of baggin’ as well.

IMG_0140.jpeg

Last edited:

Yup, A member of the program told me that Noel gave his commitment to us back then but we all know how that ended.

Last edited:
Sorry, NIL might be legal now but paying players was cheating back then. Yes, players deserved to be paid for all the money they made these schools for decades, but that doesn’t change the fact that the schools that cheated broke the rules, got an unfair advantage over schools that weren’t cheating, and should have been/should be punished.
Hard to enforce when pretty much every school was doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom