OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

My buddy bought a bottle of Weller Special Reserve (green label) before the Bob Weir and Wolf Bros show in Port Chester last night. Super smooth. Was a huge let down to switch to Maker’s Mark at the show. The liquor store was expensive but had some selection that I rarely see around. Had a bottle of Stagg for 1999.

My buddy bought a bottle of Weller Special Reserve (green label) before the Bob Weir and Wolf Bros show in Port Chester last night. Super smooth. Was a huge let down to switch to Maker’s Mark at the show. The liquor store was expensive but had some selection that I rarely see around. Had a bottle of Stagg for 1999.
The Antique 107 is 50x better than the Weller SR. Stagg is not worth more than $100. There are a lot of better bottles. Even the more expensive Maker's, like the FAE, are worth the cost

Was in chambersburg, PA last night and did a tasting flight of Hidden Still yellow, red and black last night. All three were good. The yellow was a slightly lighter version of Basil Hayden. Red has a cinnamon nose whereas the black had strong vanilla notes.

Was in chambersburg, PA last night and did a tasting flight of Hidden Still yellow, red and black last night. All three were good. The yellow was a slightly lighter version of Basil Hayden. Red has a cinnamon nose whereas the black had strong vanilla notes.
SHUT UP
I went to high school in Chambersburg and live in the general area still
Where was this????

SHUT UP
I went to high school in Chambersburg and live in the general area still
Where was this????
My favorite place to eat there.

My favorite place to eat there.

Ah yes I kind of figured you where going to say that
I still need to get there, thanks

Did a private tour at Rabbit Hole Distillery last night. Very fun and got myself a bottle of Dareringer to bring home.

Tried the Heigold and Cavehill bourbons as well.
I've got a bottle of Cavehill that I love! Haven't tried Dareringer.

Did a private tour at Rabbit Hole Distillery last night. Very fun and got myself a bottle of Dareringer to bring home.

Tried the Heigold and Cavehill bourbons as well.
Is it hard to get a tour there? Going to Lville in October

10 is solid, don't like the regular WP. Try one of the Boss Hog editions if you can.

I used to work in the industry and Boss Hog is e x c e l l e n t

but for this threads purpose I didn't want to throw out a 900-1200 bottle haha

I used to work in the industry and Boss Hog is e x c e l l e n t

but for this threads purpose I didn't want to throw out a 900-1200 bottle haha
Oh there's some in this thread already. I say if anyone's had good stuff post it. I don't care if it's a great $40 bottle or $4000, I like to hear about it all

Oh there's some in this thread already. I say if anyone's had good stuff post it. I don't care if it's a great $40 bottle or $4000, I like to hear about it all

Season 3 Yes GIF by The Office

I don’t get it
I had received a cocktail smoker set as a gift, and the YouTube tutorial videos showed rocks glasses being smoked both before and after the cocktail had been poured. After having solely used the latter option, last night, I tried smoking an empty rocks glass, and then pouring the cocktail - the smokiness lasted longer using this method, IMO.

I had received a cocktail smoker set as a gift, and the YouTube tutorial videos showed rocks glasses being smoked both before and after the cocktail had been poured. After having solely used the latter option, last night, I tried smoking an empty rocks glass, and then pouring the cocktail - the smokiness lasted longer using this method, IMO.
I just don’t get the whole thing? My drink tastes great without smoke