Women's Lacrosse - SU 15 vs Stony Brook 10: Sun May 12, 2 PM [NCAA 2nd Rd] | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 15 vs Stony Brook 10: Sun May 12, 2 PM [NCAA 2nd Rd]

University came out looking pretty bad after this weekend having SB in a tent on grass that turned to mud Spallina filed multiple complaints. Also be prepared that people are going to be coming after Kate’s draw stick .Spallina is convinced she has some unique stringing that is enabling her to dominate DC’s. My question is the stick has been checked multiple times and passed and if he thinks there is something up with it then why didn’t he check it????

University came out looking pretty bad after this weekend having SB in a tent on grass that turned to mud Spallina filed multiple complaints. Also be prepared that people are going to be coming after Kate’s draw stick .Spallina is convinced she has some unique stringing that is enabling her to dominate DC’s. My question is the stick has been checked multiple times and passed and if he thinks there is something up with it then why didn’t he check it????

He's just pissed off that he was "underseeded". He thinks Stony Brook should have hosted games last weekend.

Amazing that Men's and Women's visiting soccer teams have never complained.

To be fair normally they have access to Ensleys locker rooms but apparently they are being renovated so this is a first the soccer team nor the lacrosse teams have never had to use a tent as a locker room before and hopefully never again

He looked like a sore loser to me. He basically called the SU girl a cheater yet never called for a check during the game. Guy came off like a di-- to this never played lax and only watch the women's game very casually.

God, that’s really embarrassing. You couldn’t have put turf down? Complete trash by the AD and facilities team. I get its commencement weekend, but it would have taken less than an hour to lay some flooring in there and tie the sides down.

Great win for the team and always exciting to beat a team that took you down in the regular season. I know that Spallina said he wasn’t a sore loser but come on. Kate’s stick had been checked at least 3 times this season and it passed every time. Don’t gripe about it after the fact, call for a check during the game. And his team may not have had a locker room to go to at half time but you know what was there, an ambulance. Maybe Stony Brook should have had one of those last season when your player put a Yale player in the icu. Glad he was able to pound some blue lights at the men’s game last night. I’d be happy if they put an end to the series with them when they add Stanford and Cal next year.

Wow I agree with Joe on the tent. That’s embarrassingly bad for an ncaa division 1 tournament game. Or any game at SU really.

But calling out Kate in the press conference after is absolute bs. Ask for a frigging stick check for god sake.

Great win for the team and always exciting to beat a team that took you down in the regular season. I know that Spallina said he wasn’t a sore loser but come on. Kate’s stick had been checked at least 3 times this season and it passed every time. Don’t gripe about it after the fact, call for a check during the game. And his team may not have had a locker room to go to at half time but you know what was there, an ambulance. Maybe Stony Brook should have had one of those last season when your player put a Yale player in the icu. Glad he was able to pound some blue lights at the men’s game last night. I’d be happy if they put an end to the series with them when they add Stanford and Cal next year.
Do you think Kayla would actually end it? With Alexa coming in and his sons here I doubt it but what the hell do I know. It does give him a nice couple days with his children up here for the next few years. It’s a small gesture for a father who will have 4 of his kids at SU. Plus they are still a top 10-15ish every year so it fits with the way she schedules.

God, that’s really embarrassing. You couldn’t have put turf down? Complete trash by the AD and facilities team. I get its commencement weekend, but it would have taken less than an hour to lay some flooring in there and tie the sides down.

So reading this the space was offered after the game started? Reactivity trumps proactivity on the hill.

Stony Brook played a game against Niagara in the Soccer Stadium on Friday.

Amazing that Joe didn't have any complaints then.

So reading this the space was offered after the game started? Reactivity trumps proactivity on the hill.
I think I got the full story on this, so adding a couple things.

1. That wasn’t stony brooks locker room. They arrived changed, showered postgame, etc. inside the locker rooms in Lally. The tent was for halftime or if they go back in once more at the end of warmups because the locker rooms in Lally are a long walk for a halftime. As I understand it from talking to this person who usually is very in the know, having that two locker room setup is common and our lacrosse teams do it on the road at places like Virginia, Duke and Notre Dame among others.

2. For what it’s worth, I was also told Stony Brook and Niagara were both told on either Monday or Tuesday of the soccer field/locker room setup (as well as alternate options) because the Ensley complex locker rooms are converted to football office space while the football building renovations happen and they both chose the tent because of field proximity at halftime.

3. The indoor space offered at halftime was actually kicking the Syracuse team out of its space and to the nearby Ensley field to try to be accommodating.

It sounds like people are pissed at SU because they communicated all this in advance, and Joe saw the setup 4 days prior in person, had no issue at the time and then chose to raise an issue 15 minutes prior to game time and blast people after he lost.

From everything I know and have heard about Joe Spallina, this is probably fairly accurate. If only Syracuse University and SUAD had some connections in the media and they could get their story out, man that would ideal. Instead they are letting the losing coach control the narrative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom