This is why 99% of kids | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

This is why 99% of kids

I appreciate you substantiating my sentiment. ;):)
You realize that rugby and Aussie Rules football are wildly different sports, right? Top level rugby players have been trying to make the NFL for the last few years, but the learning curve is too steep.

Doing this requires relocating at a young age to a foreign country and picking up a much different sport, becoming a high achiever at it, then moving back to the US to try and transition to American football.

Why would anyone pursue that path? None of the few players who have successfully done it are American.

The wording of the title and the first post does not make sense to me.
"This is why 99% of kids should be aiming to get out of their experience?"

elections stand GIF

The wording of the title and the first post does not make sense to me.
"This is why 99% of kids should be aiming to get out of their experience?"

elections stand GIF
Should be what, not why, titles aren't editable.

thanks for pointing that out, it wasn’t obvious

I don't see how allowing players to earn money could possibly be a bad thing for the players. No players are forced to take the money, no players are forced to transfer (some have the talk with a new coach, but they can always stay at the school and finish their degree as a normal student if they prefer), and they are more than welcome to pass up all NIL opportunities to focus on their degree instead if their life circumstances allow that.

If a person earns a full ride academic scholarship, should they be forbidden from getting paid to tutor other students at the school because "they are already getting a degree for free"? It makes no sense, but these arguments are old and tired. It made no sense to me 8+ years ago when I first started to question my long held belief of "they shouldn't be paid, they are amateurs" and actually thought about it for myself for a few days.

I really haven't ever heard an argument against it that didn't either sound patronizing to players as others have put it nicely, or sound extremely selfish from the point of view of a fan who doesn't like their team losing players. Yes it should be implemented better, yes the NCAA has done a horrible job adapting (big surprise) but those are totally separate issues. Players being able to make money and have the freedom to transfer is simply more fair to the players.

If the colleges can't make it work, I'm sure some other alternative league or structure will come along and be successful enough. Other leagues have alternatives to college sports, there is nothing preventing football from eventually having the same. People follow the Crunch and Chiefs and go to their games, I am sure they would follow a Syracuse minor league football team and go to games if it was in the top developmental league for the NFL. I would honestly prefer that to watching cuse get relegated outside the power 2 and competing at an FCS level, although admittedly that is personal preference as a local non-alum, would understand alums feeling differently about that.

I also think that this is a tiny issue compared to the real issues faced by society as a whole right now, but in this case it is just such a clear cut better choice to allow players to earn money that it is crazy to me there is even still a debate about it.

How many Doctors didn't go to Medical School? I can't believe Medical Schools have a monopoly on producing Doctors. Huh? They were blessed with the opportunity to play for an organization that prepared them for the highest level of their sport/chosen career. That's not a negative that is an extreme positive. Ask every one of them if they think of it as a negative experience being 'forced' to play college football which led to their terrible experience of playing NFL Football. They will look at you like you have 2 heads and just walk away.
Maurice Clarett would disagree with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom