William Patterson to the Portal | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

William Patterson to the Portal

What I would like to see, if DC is over his health problems. Have him come up during the summer and teach Patterson some fundamentals in playing the position.
DC has been having health issues? I didn’t know that. I was wondering where he was this past season during the Boeheim Day celebration when so many former players, including his close friend Billy Owens, were back for the festivities.

Has DC ever trained a player? We have a coaching staff, if they cant handle coaching the players coming in then find better coaches.
DC and one of the guys from Michigan have run a camp. He knows the position better then anyone.

I feel bad for this kid. Remember when people attacked him on social media after he committed? It bothered me when that happened and the way he responded…I just felt sorry for him. He gets unfairly criticized and it’s all misplaced.

And now it looks like he’s getting bad advice, bad advice which he might pay the price for. It’s a shame.
Maybe Coach Mac has room for another SU center? Siena would be a good place for him to develop for a couple years, then move back up to a higher D1 team.

I recall sadly there was an issue between DC and SU recently over trademark issues. Syracuse University and basketball star Derrick Coleman engaged in legal tussle over trademarks

Yeah, it was BS. It was George McGuire at Bond Schoeneck probably more than the University.
The University doesn't own intellectual property rights in the number 44, regardless of whether they may have filed for it or not. You can't "own" a number.

Plus, Coleman wore that number his entire career, not just at Syracuse. Bond Schoeneck are a bunch of punks who frankly aren't that knowledgeable about the law. They just have deep pocketed clients.

well technincally entering the transfer portal isnt the same as leaving a school right?

so if nothing happens he is basically still on the roster, right?

weird that he would enter the portal if he has no clue what the next step would be, imo...unless he was told to leave...

Yeah, it was BS. It was George McGuire at Bond Schoeneck probably more than the University.
The University doesn't own intellectual property rights in the number 44, regardless of whether they may have filed for it or not. You can't "own" a number.

Plus, Coleman wore that number his entire career, not just at Syracuse. Bond Schoeneck are a bunch of punks who frankly aren't that knowledgeable about the law. They just have deep pocketed clients.
Wonder if it was ever resolved.

well technincally entering the transfer portal isnt the same as leaving a school right?

so if nothing happens he is basically still on the roster, right?

weird that he would enter the portal if he has no clue what the next step would be, imo...unless he was told to leave...
I think once in the portal, school not obligated to take the player back, even if they have an open roster spot.

Since they have three openings, I suspect one will be his unless they get somebody they like more over the summer.

Depending on how he develops, Patterson might never be good enough to get consistent minutes, but I'd rather have a 7'2" third string center who practices at center every day than a 6'7" or 6'9" one who is actually a forward.

Since they have three openings, I suspect one will be his unless they get somebody they like more over the summer.

Depending on how he develops, Patterson might never be good enough to get consistent minutes, but I'd rather have a 7'2" third string center who practices at center every day than a 6'7" or 6'9" one who is actually a forward.
Maliq fits that description. You would rather have Patterson as 3rd string center than Maliq?

Wonder if it was ever resolved.

I think he was prevented from opening the restaurant. I just googled and there's no restaurant that he owns called 44's, or 44 The Legend.

He also has a black banner on his Twitter saying something like 'You Can't Stop People From Helping the Community", so it sounds like he's pissed.

If anyone knows how to contact him, I would represent him for free. I can't stand those guys at Bond Schoeneck. They're a bunch of over-reaching @ssholes.

I think he was prevented from opening the restaurant. I just googled and there's no restaurant that he owns called 44's, or 44 The Legend.

He also has a black banner on his Twitter saying something like 'You Can't Stop People From Helping the Community", so it sounds like he's pissed.

If anyone knows how to contact him, I would represent him for free. I can't stand those guys at Bond Schoeneck. They're a bunch of over-reaching @ssholes.
You may able to reach him through Twitter.

"I don't feel I have to wipe everyone out, Tom. Just my enemies."​

-Michael Corleone and IthacaMatt.

Doing a public service and closing the books on a vendetta at the same time.

"I don't feel I have to wipe everyone out, Tom. Just my enemies."​

-Michael Corleone and IthacaMatt.

Doing a public service and closing the books on a vendetta at the same time.

Some might remember this story.

Part 1:
The Aggravating Story Of How My Alma Mater Is Killing My Startup

Part 2:

Part 3:

Some might remember this story.

Part 1:
The Aggravating Story Of How My Alma Mater Is Killing My Startup

Part 2:

Part 3:
Dont remember this one but, come on. I understand the university needs to protect itself but this here is clearly an overreach. Why does the University have any say one "Syrac". Stupid.

Dont remember this one but, come on. I understand the university needs to protect itself but this here is clearly an overreach. Why does the University have any say one "Syrac". Stupid.

She did't even use school colors. We assigned the mark to the university on the promise that they would sell the clothing. They placed one order, never put her in their online store, and basically took the mark.

She is now the Managing Editor of Fortune magazine. Her husband sold a sports online community much like ours to Fox Sports.

She did't even use school colors. We assigned the mark to the university on the promise that they would sell the clothing. They placed one order, never put her in their online store, and basically took the mark.

She is now the Managing Editor of Fortune magazine. Her husband sold a sports online community much like ours to Fox Sports.
Sounds like she got the last laugh in life, but bad look from SU. They come off as an incredible bully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom