‘Tis the day | Syracusefan.com

‘Tis the day

excited always sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

What I’d like to see is a game like UF, or Michigan 98, or WVU 11 or Lville 12, take good to excellent team and dominate. I’ll even take a game like UT 98 or NWestern 12, heartbreaking losses that showed that, putting the outcome aside, we had a really good team that could compete with anyone.

What this cant be is a one-sided beat down .

I have the feeling that if we pull off a win tonight it may prove to be more transformative than even our upsets of the Hokies or Clemson. OC Anae is the most interesting OC since George DeLeone (RIP). He learned under both Rich Rodriquez and Mike Leach so he has all the spread bases covered. He likes to use RBs and TEs (imagine!). He seems to be our best hope.
Now, I am not one that thinks OL experience by itself means much unless the talent level is good to begin with. IMO this has been even more our historical problem than depth. That said, these guys are monsters and if they are just average in the talent/technique category, we could be much improved and have a chance to keep GS upright. If so, good things can happen.

Honestly, if Anae can't do it, it might not be able to get done here on any kind of consistent basis.
Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
What I’d like to see is a game like UF, or Michigan 98, or WVU 11 or Lville 12, take good to excellent team and dominate. I’ll even take a game like UT 98 or NWestern 12, heartbreaking losses that showed that, putting the outcome aside, we had a really good team that could compete with anyone.

What this cant be is a one-sided beat down .
I hope that This is one of those games! If not and it is another Louisville thrashing it will be the beginning of the end for Babers. I would think he realizes this already.

come on guys let's get this one. Woke up feeling like this is going to be a barn burner. We need to smack these guys on both sides of the ball and get physical with them. Keep it close and own the fourth Quarter by running the ball down their throats. As Dino likes to say Malik needs to be touched every play. Unless he hands the ball off, he needs to be hit and hit hard on every play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom