“Calipari may have maxed out at Kentucky” | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

“Calipari may have maxed out at Kentucky”

Wait, McGuire was juicing?

We're not here to talk about the past.

Cal makes $9,000,000 a year. He won eight games last season. So he got paid $1,125,000 per win.

That's not even Dino Babers' territory.

season 1 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

NBA ratings have tanked...sure some NBA coaches are household names but a HC at an elite college isn't far behind if at all.

The downside to college coaching: wooing 15-18 year old brats and his handlers along with trying not to get in trouble with the NCAA.

To be honest he would be smart to move on this off season. Would be very interesting to see who Kentucky hires
Rick’s most scandalous return

Whether or not the interest from NBA teams is mutual is also an important factor here. I would love lots of jobs that I can’t get.
Microsoft blatantly ignored my well written application to be CEO. They'll be sorry.

It’s been four hours and my keg won’t settle does anyone have any advice

I don't think this is going to be the case. I think if anything it is going to go the opposite direction where the bluebloods offer MORE exposure yielding more ROI on NLI than less known schools.

Yea it’s definitely not going to add parody.

As crazy as it is, this is why he gets who he gets. Easiest sell in the world

This is ridiculous. You really think that seventeen year old kids care about deep tournament runs and max contracts? Did you ever consider that MAYBE there are other things they think about, like the distance to the nearest Byrne Dairy in case you need a vanilla chocolate twist chipwich? Or the opportunity to go snow tubing with the boys after blowing a ten point lead to Miami? Or the chance to watch the coaches sons launch twenty shots a game and gesture to the refs after they get cooked on the other end of the court? I think you really need to take a second and think here.

I'll bet he will count Shaedon Sharpe (#7 pick) in those statistics going forward, although Sharpe played ZERO (0) minutes for the Wildcats. Which again brings up the question of how much the Kentucky program contributes to getting their players ready for the league.

And he actually takes the time to promote it, shows up in the green room for his players, etc.
Showing up in the green room with his players seems pretty self serving to me. I don’t see it as a selfless sacrifice by Calipari, I see it as self promotion, sharing the spotlight. It should be all about the player and his family not the college coach. Bet there are many high school, AAU coaches etc that have impacted and influenced his players over years than a 1 year stint at a college. Calipari is well compensated for giving players a very public platform to display their talent. Might seem harsh but it’s the way I see it.

Showing up in the green room with his players seems pretty self serving to me. I don’t see it as a selfless sacrifice by Calipari, I see it as self promotion, sharing the spotlight. It should be all about the player and his family not the college coach. Bet there are many high school, AAU coaches etc that have impacted and influenced his players over years than a 1 year stint at a college. Calipari is well compensated for giving players a very public platform to display their talent. Might seem harsh but it’s the way I see it.
I don't necessarily disagree, it's absolutely self serving.

But it's purposeful. It reinforces to players that you hitch your wagon to Cal, and you're going to realize your dream of playing in the NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom