1/13 Weekly Media Session... | Syracusefan.com

1/13 Weekly Media Session...

Syracuse Lacrosse ‏@CuseMLAX
Ben Williams on FO rule changes: "I like them. Makes you put it on the ground and gets the wings more involved."

Warren Hill on GK competition: "It's friendly. It's in the coaches hands and we will all be friends no matter who they go with." #HHH

Desko on how happy he is to have the Ensley Athletic Center to practice in: "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."

Desko on captain Hakeem Lecky: "He leads by example and is becoming more vocal."

Desko on GKs "Bob's the starter right now, but we want Warren to be ready too."

Last edited:
Syracuse Lacrosse ‏@CuseMLAX
Coach D takes his turn in front of the local media. #HHH

B7QmpmDCEAEW4nl.jpg

I know Desko keeps indicating Wardwell is the starter but I would still be shocked if Warren Hill wasn't ultimately named the starter. Wardwell has been to inconsistent his entire career. I just dont see how Hill cant get the nod.

I know Desko keeps indicating Wardwell is the starter but I would still be shocked if Warren Hill wasn't ultimately named the starter. Wardwell has been to inconsistent his entire career. I just dont see how Hill cant get the nod.

Wardwell gets the 1st half start.
Hill starts the 2nd half.

:bang:

Agree. Not that I have any great insight into the situation, but even though Hill is untested at the D-1 level, Wardwell was very frustrating to watch last year. Not just from game to game, but quarter to quarter, sometimes. :eek:

Wardwell gets the 1st half start.
Hill starts the 2nd half.

:bang:

I really hope we dont start down that path. I think this maybe one of those scenarios where Desko goes with the Senior and as soon as he struggles he makes the move to Hill. I wish Hill would get the start from GO but Desko tends to go with the Senior when a position is up for grabs. Hoping the PS or Daily Orange will take a look at SSDM and the third long pole inside over the next few weeks, those are two critical positions.

Maybe we could trade Wardwell to Ohio State in exchange for one of their extra QB's. :p

Orange79 - I agree he hasn't been tested at the D1 level but he played against the best in the world in the summer and that didnt seem to effect him! he is one of the best goalies ive ever seen play and have seen him in a number of different locations and tournaments/leagues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom