10 teams ranked 37th or better in yards per game on offense and defense | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

10 teams ranked 37th or better in yards per game on offense and defense

It has been a strong DL, and would have been better with Coleman healthy. The DL, with senior LBs, is what is making this team so go on third downs. Pass rush should take that next step as the DEs become veteran upperclassmen. The trio of Coleman, Robinson & Berry will be good, with another year of development.

Area for improvement -- speed in the secondary. Coverage is much improved over last season, and Babers brought in grad transfer help, but there are better DBs around the conference.

LBs -- we will miss the current seniors. They are fierce and the heart of this defense.

It has been a strong DL, and would have been better with Coleman healthy. The DL, with senior LBs, is what is making this team so go on third downs. Pass rush should take that next step as the DEs become veteran upperclassmen. The trio of Coleman, Robinson & Berry will be good, with another year of development.
And with Clark on the freaking team.

Area for improvement -- speed in the secondary. Coverage is much improved over last season, and Babers brought in grad transfer help, but there are better DBs around the conference.

LBs -- we will miss the current seniors. They are fierce and the heart of this defense.
We have some phenomenal athletes redshirting and committed. That secondary is going to be stocked very soon.

i disagree with the lb not being elite. Bennett and Franklin are about as good as we're gonna get especially Bennett. 2 of the 3 run plays that scores at fsu both backers were right there as the olinemen had both literally locked up and holding them terrible. Now I am not using that as an excuse cause it isn't but they were right there in arms length away. The third one I believe we missed terrible but I feel they are very good.

Not sure about elite in terms of either having an NFL career, but I don't think there are too many P5 teams with a better pair of linebackers than these guys. Both are terrific college players.

until we get elite guys who knows if we can.. its been so long on offense young fans have never seen one. I think we have done a nice job of developing some guys and its nice that 4 stars might be showing up soon for us, maybe that trend continues and we start to see more as the team trends up.

We have some phenomenal athletes redshirting and committed. That secondary is going to be stocked very soon.

Yes -- on paper, seems promising. The qualification -- do we get info about how good/how ready those currently redshirting actually are (Melifonwu, Coley, Trotter -- maybe Stritzinger if he flips to defense)? Are they more phenomenal than Bradshaw who played as a true frosh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom