100% agree w/ these thoughts | Syracusefan.com

100% agree w/ these thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
"The Orange braintrust should have instructed Allen to throw more five- and 10-yard patterns over the middle. For instance, the pass dropped by Ashton Broyld over the middle in the second quarter was exactly what SU should have done a dozen times. Had Broyld caught that ball, it would have been a first down or touchdown; instead Syracuse settled for a 32-yard field goal by Ross Krautman.
That same play (which was called on first down) was open all day, and Broyld is clearly a young talent on a team desperate for offense"

Too much all or nothing, particularly on the last drive of the game
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/09/guest_column_former_syracuse_r.html

I agree with your 100%.

Allen's 1st pick inspired an obscenity-laced rant on my part because the safety on Broyld was at least fifteen yards off the line when Syracuse needed five yards. Instead, Broyld went to the sideline. The result? Pick.

"The Orange braintrust should have instructed Allen to throw more five- and 10-yard patterns over the middle. For instance, the pass dropped by Ashton Broyld over the middle in the second quarter was exactly what SU should have done a dozen times. Had Broyld caught that ball, it would have been a first down or touchdown; instead Syracuse settled for a 32-yard field goal by Ross Krautman.
That same play (which was called on first down) was open all day, and Broyld is clearly a young talent on a team desperate for offense"

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/09/guest_column_former_syracuse_r.html

Those types of plays tend to be most successful when the quarterback checks down to them.

been saying that for 4 days!

the running game wasnt there and the oline was terrible. quick passes over the middle all day.

110% with him. Always love to hear a football guys take and perspective because unlike columnists and journalist who haven't stepped on the field these guys know what should be done. Been saying that re Broyld for two years now. Feed the kid!

BTW, I met Roger in Lot L on Saturday...they were tailgating very close to us.

On the last possession the middle was wide open on second down.

take what defense gives you. youve got a sideline and 10 yards stops the clock. if theyre playing deep, dump it down for 5-10 yards

Glad I wasn't the only person that thought this. Slant to Broyld, kobena or estime or seem route to wales wouldve been great. They had a safety within 7 yards of the LOS most of the first 3 quarters. Lets hope NW shows us the same looks and we've learned something.

Sadly this game was a win under Marrone...but I have all the faith in the world that Shafer gets us there quickly.

Is it just a question of Marrone. Or would this simply have been a W with Nassib, who might have made the correct checks.

Sadly this game was a win under Marrone...but I have all the faith in the world that Shafer gets us there quickly.
yeah - just like the Minnesota game last year. Understand your point, if it's that a 5th year Marrone coached team would've won that game - no doubt. But he also let a bunch of winnable games slip away during his tenure.

Done with the loss diagnosis from Penn St. That horse died Monday. Ready to see if the staff and players learn from the mistakes and come out sharper on O.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom