13 games, zero 100 yard rushers | Syracusefan.com

13 games, zero 100 yard rushers

well when your receivers are running open ten yds behind our safeties…..you decide.

big_brass_balls1.jpg

Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball 54s
Your Orange remain the only team to not allow a single 100-yard rusher in 2013!

we won. but we lost 3 games by like 40pts. you think winston couldn't have rushed for 100 if he'd wanted to ?

we won. but we lost 3 games by like 40pts. you think winston couldn't have rushed for 100 if he'd wanted to ?
But he didn't. And that's all that counts.

It is a remarkable stat. But, there is some fool's gold hidden in the details.
By the start of next year, who is going to remember the fool's gold? Just like no one remembers how you win or lose, just THAT you win or lose, no one cares HOW you got a record, just THAT you got a record.

Well the guys will be telling that to there kids and grand kids and that ain't nothin'.

For his part in preserving this stat, Paul Johnson earns a free trip to heaven. Or a $50 gift card to Ruby Tuesday's. He can decide.
He deserves a 300 lb lineman cutting him out at the knees.

ok call me a downer .but the topic asked for discussion and i offered one possible explanation.
the defense operates as a unit . so i find it a little hard to stand around and high five a unit who while not allowing a 100 yard rusher also gave up 22 td passes (13th worse in th acc). seems like stopping the run while at the same time allowing offenses to throw easily over the top is not what i call good balance. kinda takes the luster off for me anyways. tighten up the secondary and still stop the run and we'll talk backslaps.

ok call me a downer .but the topic asked for discussion and i offered one possible explanation.
the defense operates as a unit . so i find it a little hard to stand around and high five a unit who while not allowing a 100 yard rusher also gave up 22 td passes (13th worse in th acc). seems like stopping the run while at the same time allowing offenses to throw easily over the top is not what i call good balance. kinda takes the luster off for me anyways. tighten up the secondary and still stop the run and we'll talk backslaps.
Worry about this next year. We just won a freakin' bowl game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom