15 seeds in the 2nd round | Syracusefan.com

15 seeds in the 2nd round

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Did a little research on the 15 seeds who made it past the first round.

MTSU became the eighth 15 seed to upset a 2. Out of the previous 7 teams only FGSU went on to win their next game.

The other 6 teams lost in the next round by an average of 15 points. It ranged from 34 points to 1 point (Coppin St).

Did a little research on the 15 seeds who made it past the first round.

MTSU became the eighth 15 seed to upset a 2. Out of the previous 7 teams only FGSU went on to win their next game.

The other 6 teams lost in the next round by an average of 15 points. It ranged from 34 points to 1 point (Coppin St).

Let's not end up in that lonesome minority! I'd settle for about average, even if I bet, as that would easily cover the line.

The stage gets much larger for these teams. Nobody expects them to win the first round, so they can play loose (and maybe the opposing team is guilty of looking past them). By the 2nd round, the eyes of the sports world are on them, and they aren't going to sneak up on anybody. Plus, the underdogs expend a lot of emotional energy in their upset.

The stage gets much larger for these teams. Nobody expects them to win the first round, so they can play loose (and maybe the opposing team is guilty of looking past them). By the 2nd round, the eyes of the sports world are on them, and they aren't going to sneak up on anybody. Plus, the underdogs expend a lot of emotional energy in their upset.

Plus they have to face the Syracuse zone with a short window to Prep for it, or at least that is one more way I'm trying to convince myself we should be moving on.

I think they're underseeded, but they expended a lot of energy yesterday (in the later game, no less) and they're such a favorable matchup for us (it's not Butler or Vermont, they'll play an honest basketball game and not slop it up).

SU can lose to anybody, but I think a B- effort tomorrow can give us a win.

Would we be the first team ever to lose to 2 15 seeds?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom