18 seconds left- JG with a huge block | Syracusefan.com

18 seconds left- JG with a huge block

mark79

All Conference
of an easy bunny that would have put Louisville up. He is a BIG game player. Not afraid of the bright lights. We may look back on this as one of the best team we ever had when all is said and done.

of an easy bunny that would have put Louisville up. He is a BIG game player. Not afraid of the bright lights. We may look back on this as one of the best team we ever had when all is said and done.

Laugh out loud.

Not saying you are wrong... but WOW what a difference 1 steal/dunk makes. :cool:

Who'da thunk, coming into the year, that he'd be the biggest impact frosh of the three?

The team misses Southerland's 3 point shooting, but besides that there's been no drop-off with JG, and in some aspects of the game he even brings more to the table.

Laugh out loud.

Not saying you are wrong... but WOW what a difference 1 steal/dunk makes. :cool:

My point is that great players make great plays at key times. JG is a great player.

Agreed i predicted that JG would step up today. He has a huge upside if he can learn to shoot which is his weakness.

I am so impressed with Grant's game. He has much better ball skills than I was expecting. One play yesterday really wowed me. He took his man off the dribble, lost him with a spin move into the lane, and finished in the paint. It was like an older Warrick move but much quicker. Like Hakim, Grant covers so much ground with his stride and length. The IQ he has (the bloodlines help) is off the charts for a freshman.

Fair has been my favorite player to wear Orange for the past few seasons but Grant is making a case to steal that title away. He is an amazing talent and, like Fair, he seems to have a nose for the ball. Watching him play, I sense he is an easy kid to coach. With such limited playing time so far he already plays like a sophomore or even a junior out there because he just "gets it". And he appears to be fearless to boot. I'm not sure where this team will rank among the great SU teams of the past but if Grant sticks around for at least 2 more years I absolutely feel he will be included on some short lists with some of our greatest players.

My point is that great players make great plays at key times. JG is a great player.

I was laughing more at the line I underlined. Nothing to do with JG (who will be a great player, lets make sure we understand that. he isn't even a very good player right now. he is a role player. and that is not an insult at all).

In JBs presser after the game he said that Grant was the most live athlete he'd ever coached and that he was going to be a big time player.

just a week ago everyone was sayin this team wasnt very good! my oh my have people's opinions changed

Yes indeed, some people have been saying this team isn't very good but many of us see the glass as half full and that there is plenty of time left in the season for the glass to keep filling up.

The fact his team's in high school were takeover and Dematha IMO made him a lot more prepared to contribute as a frosh. The coaches for both of those teams have great basketball knowledge (don't get enough credit IMO) and I think the transition became easier for him because of that.

In JBs presser after the game he said that Grant was the most live athlete he'd ever coached and that he was going to be a big time player.
I saw that comment. Not quite sure what that means exactly but still seems like high praise. JB does enjoy hyperbole at times, but it seems to put JG in the class of Wes, Warrick, D Johnson, and S Thompson. Good company.

I saw that comment. Not quite sure what that means exactly but still seems like high praise. JB does enjoy hyperbole at times, but it seems to put JG in the class of Wes, Warrick, D Johnson, and S Thompson. Good company.
It's amazing how poised he was last night.

It's amazing how poised he was last night.
I agree JG showed great poise in a tough environment. But JBs praise seemed more along the lines of putting JGs quick twitch atheleticism among SUs greats.

Makes me think the sky is the limit for this kid because he seems coachable and poised to boot.

I meant to ask what a "live" athlete was? Knowledgeable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom