19-10 (10-8) against the 20th hardest schedule | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

19-10 (10-8) against the 20th hardest schedule

It shouldn't because to me there's essentially no meaningful difference between a 72nd ranked team and a 82nd ranked team, like there is between a top-20 team and 60th ranked team. They can do percentiles using an excel spreadsheet. There's no need for it to be only 4 tiers unless they've already done the math and figured out there's no significant difference, and there would be cutoffs even with 10 percentiles divisions anyway.

I just don't think there's that big of a difference except when getting down to brass tacks trying to choose between 6-8 teams for the last couple of spots.
Why do you bring in Google and then use such lumpy categorizations for no reason? It's all very silly

In 2016, players had to sit out a year to get acclimated, in 2016 there was no NIL luring players to leave their current teams to play immediately for a new team. In 2016, there were more experienced coaches with decades of experience vs the current college scene where new coaches are filling the ranks for coaches who have aged out and/or didn’t want to deal with rerecruiting their own players, working to integrate transfers immediately to meet both team expectations and academic ones, finding NIL donors to keep who they have or immediately fill gaps they don’t have. It’s a new college basketball world out there.

College basketball has changed - totally agreed. All the stuff you have shown though, is not relevant to established and communicated selection principles.

The "Full Body of Work" principle, that stresses all games are equal has not changed. It's a key guiding principle that the committee has been adamant about for years and they have consistently showed with their selections and omissions . The Last 5 or Last 10 is not given extra weight,

The problem with this board is they want to change the rules to whatever either fits the best for Syracuse or what they think is fair. When I simply state what the rules are (without any comment on whether they are fair or not) the board does not want to hear it and comes at me with stuff like I don't understand basketball.

At this point I'm taking a break for a few days, because I'm a bit annoyed and too worked up (stupidly or not, and it could be all my fault)

The board just wants to hear what fits best for Syracuse, not what actually happens (whether it is good for Syracuse or not, or fair to them or not).

There is no value to me posting what actually happens and how it might impact Syracuse (fair or not, warts or not) because people don't want to listen to it if its not a positive. And there are some positive outs there.

Go Syracuse, beat Louisville.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom