2 or 3 win season coming, what next | Syracusefan.com

2 or 3 win season coming, what next

Dmcnabbrules

All Conference
I can't see this team winning more than one or two more games this season. They seem to find a different way to lose each week. So my question is what the heck happens next year. Dr Gross better schedule Colgate so at least SU can win one game. Can we just join the catholic schools in a basketball league and move down in football.

I can't see this team winning more than one or two more games this season. They seem to find a different way to lose each week. So my question is what the heck happens next year. Dr Gross better schedule Colgate so at least SU can win one game. Can we just join the catholic schools in a basketball league and move down in football.
We've seen the one win this team will have this year. 1 -11 coming up.

... atleast we will be leaving for greener pastures next year. We may be able to attract a better coach with more money coming from the ACC and then eventually better talent.

We've seen the one win this team will have this year. 1 -11 coming up.

I would put my next paycheck on the fact that this team will win some games this year. Classic panicked response. Not deal but this sky is falling attitude s cracking me up.

Some had a great post about Gill in an other thread. If this season can not be straightened out than we need a coach with a history of turning smaller schools around. If there needs to be another hire than it better be someone with at least 8 years as a head coach. Twice Gross has hired someone with no head coaching experience. Marrone was handed a terrible situation and made it better no one can argue that, but after four years what kind of team is this. We are supposed to be disciplined but make mental mistakes every game. Who are we? What kink of offense do we run? Sales has been the best player, he wasn't getting the ball so why not run a screen or reverse to him. Who are we and what is our identity. That bothers me more than anything else this team has no identity.

UCONN and USF are SU's best chances of winning games.

This SU team is NOT beating Louisville, Rutgers, Cincy, Missouri.

Pitt and Temple I will say are toss up's but Pitt is looking much better of late.

You would think we could beat South Florida, Temple, UConn and maybe Pitt, but the last year and a half of football make me think team will win two of the four. Sadly I cant see any way team makes a bowl now. This schedule left very little wiggle room and it is more than gone now.

What really pisses me off is that this is a 10 win schedule. USC should have been the only "unwinnable" game. Mizzou and Lousiville are good teams but a good team wouldn't fear either of them on their schedule. The Big East frankly sucks. The 'girls are better than expected but other than UL it is a very pedestrian league. Unfortunately none of the rest of the teams are so bad that SU can't lose to them. Temple is likely the best shot though I think they are better than Stony so who knows? The real question in my mind is does Marrone survive a 4 win season? I still want Marrone to succeed but am not sure he can.

I would put my next paycheck on the fact that this team will win some games this year. Classic panicked response. Not deal but this sky is falling attitude s cracking me up.

Agreed. This team will win games this year. There is no doubt about that and there is also no doubt they are better. But they aren't good enough to beat a Big 10 team at home or on the road. And tonight was a game we needed to and should have gone in and won.

And that was literally awful tonight. Awful discipline, awful across the board.

44cuse

Lots of positive thoughts in this thread.

images

Agreed. This team will win games this year. There is no doubt about that and there is also no doubt they are better. But they aren't good enough to beat a Big 10 team at home or on the road. And tonight was a game we needed to and should have gone in and won.

And that was literally awful tonight. Awful discipline, awful across the board.

44cuse

The problem is well coached teams find ways to win games. It seems like we are always finding ways to lose games.

The problem is well coached teams find ways to win games. It seems like we are always finding ways to lose games.

But the difference is that we have enough to talent to win games on that alone. We can all agree that Marrone coached teams have a tendency to play to the level of their opponents. I just believe that this year the actual talent is there to win a game like the UCONN game last year.

That said we do seem to find ways to lose games.

44cuse

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs - you obviously don't understand the situation!

I think it is beyond time for a serious downgrade of this programs OOC schedule. SU will never win 9 games playing 11 AQ teams, no one else does it so why the hell are we? Screw the fans because they won't show up because the program isn't winning so play 3 crappy teams and get some kind of winning in their heads and confidence as well. The heck with these moral victories and SOS bs, SU is going to get 30K anyways so why not just play teams you can beat and then build up some momentum for the conference games? The schedule is pretty open from here on and Dr. Gross better throw away the let's play the toughest OOC because it is obvious it is NOT a plan for success.

Would you put your money on them going to a bowl this year?

Would you put your money on them going to a bowl this year?

I would not put my money on a bowl, however I thought they were just a 6 win team early in the season so 3 early losses even puts that in jeopardy in my mind. I do think some of the reactions after the game were a bit over the top. Anyone who truly thought this was a 8 win team may have been victim to some homer ism. Bad loss, bad start to the season, but I see this team likely winning 4 more games this year.

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs - you obviously don't understand the situation!

I think I understand this situation just fine. I expected them to be 2-2 through 4. They are off by one win, and have shown some flashes of a good team, just haven't put it all together at once. The "situation" may have more to do with unrealistic expectations by some at the beginning of the season. My thoughts of having a 6 win season have shifted to 5 so I suppose I still don't think the sky is falling.

What would be the point spreads if we were playing the remaining teams next week? I think we would be favorite in the Temple game not by much but thats it. Thats not being cynical but realistic.

I'll take all the action I can get that says only 2 wins. Three or more and I win. Step right up.

I'll take all the action I can get that says only 2 wins. Three or more and I win. Step right up.
Hope your right. Then we all win. Could never bet against SU. That would be masochistic.

unless doug wins 5 i believe he will resign

0-8 vs. D1 competition going back to last year.

I'm not panicked... Just bummed.

I hope your right. I hope the coaches and kids believe.

I no longer do...

Would be love to be proven wrong, of course... and have a reason for optimism.

Lots of positive thoughts in this thread.

images
Rocco, I love your sig. Reminds me of a post on a middle eastern website after the WVU game, where someone posted "The age of the golden-haired American quarterback is over! Arab-American Ryan Nassib threw for 4 touchdowns in an upset over West Virginia."

0-8 vs. D1 competition going back to last year.

I'm not panicked... Just bummed.

I hope your right. I hope the coaches and kids believe.

I no longer do...

Would be love to be proven wrong, of course... and have a reason for optimism.

People need to just forget about last year. It's irrelevant. We are what we are now. If you want to talk about last year, then talk about the whole year. That was a different team. SU is 1 - 3 right now. As someone else said, we probably should be 2-2. Sheesh people. Get a grip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom