Men's Soccer - (2) SU 2 vs (8) Clemson 0: Sun, Nov 13, Noon [ACCT Finals at Cary, NC] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer (2) SU 2 vs (8) Clemson 0: Sun, Nov 13, Noon [ACCT Finals at Cary, NC]

FheFDZ3XEAQgRf5

Looks like the selection show is streaming live on ncaa.com at 1 pm tomorrow.

We need 3 wins at home to get to the Final Four, which is at the same facility in Cary as the ACC championship final. Nice.

I will be very disappointed if Syracuse is not the overall 1 seed. We played a really tough schedule and killed it. Washington and Kentucky were the only teams in front of us. Washington just got their first loss. Kentucky plays in a bad conference but they are still undefeated.

A local young man Jeorgio Kolcevski from Liverpool, NY starts for SU and made the all tournament team. Amazing accomplishment for this team. LGO
I saw that. He went to school there but obviously didn't play soccer?

Jeorgio was a year or two behind my son in local youth soccer. He often played “up” and was alway one of the really good players. I believe he left the area for a while to play the Sporting Kansas City Academy team. Then he came home and played for the local academy team out of Rochester. (You can’t play both Academy and high school.) Always had terrific ball skills, but when he had his growth spurt, he really bloomed as a prospect.
As an aside, this is an incredibly fertile area for soccer. The better players are getting multiple indoor games in the winter, which really accelerates ball skills in tight quarters.

We need 3 wins at home to get to the Final Four, which is at the same facility in Cary as the ACC championship final. Nice.

I will be very disappointed if Syracuse is not the overall 1 seed. We played a really tough schedule and killed it. Washington and Kentucky were the only teams in front of us. Washington just got their first loss. Kentucky plays in a bad conference but they are still undefeated.

We're #1 in the RPI and just beat two RPI top 5 teams. It would be a joke if Syracuse isn't the #1 overall seed.

NCAA selection committees love undefeateds. No doubt in my mind KY will be the overall #1 seed. :(

Hope I'm wrong.

Jeorgio was a year or two behind my son in local youth soccer. He often played “up” and was alway one of the really good players. I believe he left the area for a while to play the Sporting Kansas City Academy team. Then he came home and played for the local academy team out of Rochester. (You can’t play both Academy and high school.) Always had terrific ball skills, but when he had his growth spurt, he really bloomed as a prospect.
As an aside, this is an incredibly fertile area for soccer. The better players are getting multiple indoor games in the winter, which really accelerates ball skills in tight quarters.
He is one of the most talented players on the team and I think the staff expects him to become an AA before he is done here.

Syracuse has an interesting mix of players on its soccer roster.

We have done well with Canadian players in recent years and we continue to recruit Canada hard for players. Note that Canada qualified for the World Cup this year and two of its best players played at Syracuse (Kamel Miller and Tajon Buchanan). They might be Canada's best player on defense and offense respectively. Watch for them in the World Cup.

There are also a few players from Europe. I believe our head coach and both assistants are from Europe and still have connections there.

There are also a few more international players and some Americans from all over the US. And 2 other locals, the Pagano brothers from FM.

We lose a lot of seniors but there is a strong core of key players returning. This team is going to be good for a while.

He is one of the most talented players on the team and I think the staff expects him to become an AA before he is done here.

Syracuse has an interesting mix of players on its soccer roster.

We have done well with Canadian players in recent years and we continue to recruit Canada hard for players. Note that Canada qualified for the World Cup this year and two of its best players played at Syracuse (Kamel Miller and Tajon Buchanan). They might be Canada's best player on defense and offense respectively. Watch for them in the World Cup.

There are also a few players from Europe. I believe our head coach and both assistants are from Europe and still have connections there.

There are also a few more international players and some Americans from all over the US. And 2 other locals, the Pagano brothers from FM.

We lose a lot of seniors but there is a strong core of key players returning. This team is going to be good for a while.

LOL. I checked the roster page last night as I was curious to see Boselli's bio. All it says is that he is from Italy, I was curious to see where in Italy.

LOL. I checked the roster page last night as I was curious to see Boselli's bio. All it says is that he is from Italy, I was curious to see where in Italy.
This is actually quite the mystery.

I found this on Lorenzo.

He was apparently born in Switzerland. But Mendrisio looks like it is right on the border with Italy and I found that 87.5% of the citizens there speak Italian.

So I assume his parents were Italian and they eventually moved to Italy. He is probably a dual citizen.

I also found that he recently played for Seregno, which I think is an Italian pro team.

Seregno is in Lombardy (in Italy), way up near the border with Switzerland. Guessing that is where he grew up and where his family is today.

This is actually quite the mystery.

I found this on Lorenzo.

He was apparently born in Switzerland. But Mendrisio looks like it is right on the border with Italy and I found that 87.5% of the citizens there speak Italian.

So I assume his parents were Italian and they eventually moved to Italy. He is probably a dual citizen.

I also found that he recently played for Seregno, which I think is an Italian pro team.

Seregno is in Lombardy (in Italy), way up near the border with Switzerland. Guessing that is where he grew up and where his family is today.
Looking at his features I figured he was from somewhere in Northern Italy. You have border areas like, the one he is from in Italy, where the people are cross border commuters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom