Syracuse
Arkansas
Chaminade
Baylor
California
Dayton
Georgia
Minnesota

Not exactly murders row. Was hoping for another big name. Looks like we clearly will be the headline team in this field.

Really weak field...would've been nice to have a Big East team in it

Syracuse
Arkansas
Chaminade
Baylor
California
Dayton
Georgia
Minnesota

Not exactly murders row. Was hoping for another big name. Looks like we clearly will be the headline team in this field.

Yuck! If you take out Syracuse and Chaminade, that looks like a Sportscenter segment of Bubble Watch in late February where Jay Bilas says, "In" or "Out".

Yeah, kinda sucks, especially in comparison to this year's field.

Baylor will probably be pretty damn good, at least.

Horrendous. The proliferation of pre-season events is diluting everything.

Anyone see the field for this year's Alaska Shootout? Dartmouth, San Fran, UC Irvine, etc...

1. I thought Maryland was in it, and there was concern that if SU is an ACC team by then, it'd be imperative to keep SU from playing MD.

2. As OrangeExtreme said: two SEC teams???

Syracuse
Arkansas
Chaminade
Baylor
California
Dayton
Georgia
Minnesota

Well, KJ, Scoop, and maybe Fab will be gone. Remote chance of Waiters being gone but probably not.

I have no problem easing into the season and letting our chemistry develop.

Maryland is in the field as well and has to be replacing either Georgia or Arkansas hopefully UGA since Arkansas recruits well. JB announced when we were in the 2013 that he planned to ask the Maui organizers to place Syracuse and Maryland in opposite halves of the draw because we may be in the ACC by that point. No chance UGA and Arkansas are both in the field.

It will be Gonzaga, not Georgia. That explains it. I guess MD was pushed back a year.

Horrendous. The proliferation of pre-season events is diluting everything.

Anyone see the field for this year's Alaska Shootout? Dartmouth, San Fran, UC Irvine, etc...
That tourney really struggles for good names now. Why go to Alaska when you can go to 1 of 10 tournies in a nice place.

When tournies had to be outside the continental US, the Alaska tournies mattered, not anymore.

Also, that Maui field sucks, really dissapointing. Very little respect to be earned by winning that thing.

The main reason that the Great Alaska Shootout is no longer a major tournament is that ESPN is no longer affiliated with it.

Makes sense and Gonzaga is another top 25 team. So Syracuse, Gonzaga, Baylor, Arkansas isn't that bad. I hope JB asks the Maui organizers not to give us the unofficial #1 seed and have to play Chaminade in the first round.

Makes sense and Gonzaga is another top 25 team. So Syracuse, Gonzaga, Baylor, Arkansas isn't that bad. I hope JB asks the Maui organizers not to give us the unofficial #1 seed and have to play Chaminade in the first round.

Is that how i t works? UCLA played Chamindade in the first round this year; they were mayb the 6th best team in the field this year.

UConn has requested not to play Chaminade in the first round against them and the organizers tend to put the top team without an objection against Chaminade in the 1st round. I am guessing the field bracket was done before the year when UCLA was seen as the 3rd best team behind Duke and Kansas.

Usually Maui field is loaded with ranked teams. That's really a disappointing field. All risk and no reward for us.

For us, this is like a Rutgers football OOC.

Sucks, especially on the heels of this dog of an NIT we are in this year. I'm just hoping Stanford wins tonight. Sooo tired of playing Ok State in the preseason (although it has been a couple years now). I don't recall us ever playing Stanford so thats way more appealing to me.

As long as their are 3 ranked teams it will be fine. No sexy names, but Baylor is a top 3 prolly top 25 Big 12 school, Arkansas is a top 3 fringe top 25 SEC school, Gonzaga will be a top 25 team, Minnesota if Tubby is there still will be a solid team, Dayton is a good mid-major, California was a top 25 team when we smoked them at the CvC in MSG in 2009 so who knows. My goal for the tournament would be play 3 D-1A teams, get 2 top 25 wins, and get home to Syracuse with the title.

Hopefully JB schedules a game at UCLA/USC/Arizona on the way to Hawaii.

Hopefully JB schedules a game at UCLA/USC/Arizona on the way to Hawaii.
Aren't we suppose to be playing USC home and home sometime? This would be the perfect justification for us to get out there on the way out to Maui and would add another power conference game to our schedule. If their is a 2013 Carrier Classic I would love JB to try and play in that on the way out to Maui if possible, but if its going to be played on 11-11-13 then there is no chance JB would play his first 2 games before Maui on the road..

That tourney really struggles for good names now. Why go to Alaska when you can go to 1 of 10 tournies in a nice place.

When tournies had to be outside the continental US, the Alaska tournies mattered, not anymore.

Also, that Maui field sucks, really dissapointing. Very little respect to be earned by winning that thing.

Maybe going forward, but last year's field was pretty solid and so is this year's. My memory doesn't go back any further, but I think it's pretty much been one of the premier fields out there.

Agreed that the 2013 field looks really lame.

Second-tier teams from second-tier conferences. Yuck.

Give me the 1995 Rainbow Classic line-up any day.

UConn has requested not to play Chaminade in the first round against them and the organizers tend to put the top team without an objection against Chaminade in the 1st round. I am guessing the field bracket was done before the year when UCLA was seen as the 3rd best team behind Duke and Kansas.

There were a lot of logistical problems this year. Not only does Duke categorically refuse to play D-2 schools, but the organizers tried to avoid 1st-round match-ups that occur during the regular season: For example, Memphis plays Tennessee and Georgetown in December.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom