2014 East regional is at MSG | Syracusefan.com

2014 East regional is at MSG

Alsacs

Living Legend
I just looked at the tournament sites for next year and potentially Syracuse could follow the Duke/North Carolina route of not having to leave their home state to reach the Final Four. Obviously, we will need a great season to go this route, but man it would be awesome to go Buffalo-Madison Square Garden next year, It makes me want to beg Michael Carter-Williams, but we all know he is gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NCAA_Men's_Division_I_Basketball_Tournament

Depending on how well Syracuse plays, I will buy tickets for each round. Is this the McCullough year? Damn good shot at the Final Four.

What's the rule for that? If you play more than 5 games at an arena in a year you can't play there for the tournament right? Obviously that won't effect us next year at MSG, but it could effect GTown, Nova, etc.

What's the rule for that? If you play more than 5 games at an arena in a year you can't play there for the tournament right? Obviously that won't effect us next year at MSG, but it could effect GTown, Nova, etc.

I think it's regular season games.

Correct you can't play more than 3 games at an arena before you are ineligible to play there in the postseason. However, tournaments (either preseason and conference) only count for 1 game. Thus, the Big East Tournament will only count for 1 game for every team in the Big East even if they play 3 games in 3 days. Whenever, the NCAA tournament is in Philadelphia Villanova restricts the games they play at the Wells Fargo Center to 3 games this year they played Syracuse, Louisville, and Georgetown at the Wells Fargo Center, and the rest at the Pavilion so they can be placed in Philadelphia if they are good enough.

Depending on how well Syracuse plays, I will buy tickets for each round. Is this the McCullough year? Damn good shot at the Final Four.

No that is 2015.

Unless MCW and Fair come back, I doubt we will be a protected seed #4 or better to get to play in Buffalo. We may end up in the East region and get to play in MSG if we make it that far but I think we'll be seeded lower than 4.

Hopefully we get CJ back but I'm not expecting MCW back at all. That means we lose 3 of our 4 top scorers and our only 3 point shooter. We'll have a true freshman at PG without a backup PG. Unless Mike G really surprises me, I think we're in for a rebuilding year.

Unless MCW and Fair come back, I doubt we will be a protected seed #4 or better to get to play in Buffalo. We may end up in the East region and get to play in MSG if we make it that far but I think we'll be seeded lower than 4.

Hopefully we get CJ back but I'm not expecting MCW back at all. That means we lose 3 of our 4 top scorers and our only 3 point shooter. We'll have a true freshman at PG without a backup PG. Unless Mike G really surprises me, I think we're in for a rebuilding year.
You can't say that for sure. We will be playing in a brand new conference and some of the preseason polls that are already out have us at 10th or 11th (without MCW).

I would almost guess that there is no way we will be shipped out west again as the opening round sites are much more user friendly for the East Coast teams (Buffalo, Raleigh and Orlando). In fact you could almost start your bracketology and pick who will end up in each of those three sites. Then you have the three midwest sites (Milwaukee, St Louis and San Antonio) and the two westcoast sites (Spokane and San Diego). This year it was way too cramped in middle America.

The four regional sites are NYC, Indianapolis, Memphis and Anaheim. Even though Indy and Memphis are fairly close, it still takes care of the midwest schools and the southeastern schools. I would wager the farm right now that unless Cuse has a meltdown that we will be playing in MSG. Of course you could add if we do have a meltdown, we will also be playing in MSG. Just not in the Varsity tournament.

If we are a 4 seed it significantly reduces our chances of playing in Buffalo . Some B10 schools may have Buffalo as the closest location, and would get it over us if they are a 3 seed and we are a 4 seed. The 4 seed line is the leftover line and we could be left in the same situation as this year,

I would almost guess that there is no way we will be shipped out west again

That would be incorrect if we are a 4 seed. Once again the tournament put two sites on the west coast . That means 4 out of 16 top teams have to be from the west coast (which never happens). So the teams lowest on the s-curve get moved west.

When will the tournament organizers finally just make an adjustment and only have one western pod.

The four regional sites are NYC, Indianapolis, Memphis and Anaheim. Even though Indy and Memphis are fairly close, it still takes care of the midwest schools and the southeastern schools. I would wager the farm right now that unless Cuse has a meltdown that we will be playing in MSG. Of course you could add if we do have a meltdown, we will also be playing in MSG. Just not in the Varsity tournament.

Actually if we are not the top team in the ACC, our chances of being in New York are not that great.

If Duke or UNC are in front of us, they could get placed in the east. Since the top 3 teams in each conference can't be in the same region it will make it complicated for us to be placed in the east (if we are not the best in the ACC)

The best way to get your preferred sites is to get on the 1 or 2 seed line.

Too many variables if you are a 3 seed or below.

Actually if we are not the top team in the ACC, are chances of being in New York are not that great.

If Duke or UNC are in front of us, they could get placed in the east. Since the top 3 teams in each conference can't be in the same region it will make it complicated for us to be placed in the east (if we are not the best in the ACC)

Easier said than done (like saying, that horrible call wouldn't have hurt us if we had been up by 20). But I think you're correct on the placement of the seeds.

Actually if we are not the top team in the ACC, are chances of being in New York are not that great.

Yeah, our biggest roadblock to being seeded in the East will be finishing ahead of Duke and North Carolina on the S-Curve. Duke will depend on how good Jabari Parker is and if Duke develops a post player. North Carolina will be improved, but unless Roy Williams has a PG to run his system they can be beaten, and hopefully Wiggins doesn't go to N. Carolina.