2 TE
5 OL
1 K / P
3 DE
3 DT
3 LB
5DB

If we are going to sign 27 kids we better have a highly ranked class...LOL

This will be the true test for Shafer and company. They did a respectable job under the circumstances this year. With a full year, hopefully, they can put together something special.

If we're signing 25 kids I expect at the end of the day next year our recruiting class ranking will not be significantly better than this year. If your signing 25 kids there are going to be some 2 star players in there the staff thinks can play and that will bring your ranking down. I expect that we will sign some pretty good players though and also sign some players with the potential to be really good after a couple of years in the program.

We should be able to offer a chance of significant playing time at the RB LB S and DE positions . I can see some home runs being hit once this staff has a whole year to develop relationships . It will be crucial to get off to a fast start next season, which we are totally capable of . This should be exciting at least .

I count 20 rising seniors this year on an 84 man roster. Where are the other six coming from?

Probably look to sign 27 kids:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
2 TE
5 OL
1 K / P
3 DE
3 DT
3 LB
5DB
The total number seems a bit high but the break downb is fair enough. O-line top quality is a must.Add to them the fact that they probably red-shirt makes their actual appearance even longer for the field and the team.

If we're signing 25 kids I expect at the end of the day next year our recruiting class ranking will not be significantly better than this year. If your signing 25 kids there are going to be some 2 star players in there the staff thinks can play and that will bring your ranking down. I expect that we will sign some pretty good players though and also sign some players with the potential to be really good after a couple of years in the program.
Signing 2 star players won't necessarily bring down your recruiting ranking. The rankings are based on total points. If you look at rivals, you'll notice USC had the highest star average but were only ranked 13 because of the size of the class. If we sign more kids next year, there's a good chance it's ranked higher.

http://r*vals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2013/all/all

Signing 2 star players won't necessarily bring down your recruiting ranking. The rankings are based on total points. If you look at , you'll notice USC had the highest star average but were only ranked 13 because of the size of the class. If we sign more kids next year, there's a good chance it's ranked higher.

You are exactly right thats why schools like Uconn and others "beat" us in the rankings, they had larger classes. This year we had a quality class, next year if we play well enough to make a half way decent bowl game I expect Mcdonald and co to bring in a top 40 class.

Signing 2 star players won't necessarily bring down your recruiting ranking. The rankings are based on total points. If you look at , you'll notice USC had the highest star average but were only ranked 13 because of the size of the class. If we sign more kids next year, there's a good chance it's ranked higher.

I looked at that a long time ago, maybe (or obviously) I mixed up my info. My bad. Does sc!ut do it differently and maybe that's what I'm thinking? I'll have to check when I get a chance. I thought one of the services did the average of your stars and that was your overall ranking. Which for many of the schools there was only a difference of 2.8 - 3.2 average stars but one school was ranked #71 and the other was #56 ranked, as an example.

The 85 player scholarship limit is a problem, as Go has pointed out.

Can't imagine we will be taking a punter in the class with Fisher returning,. Krautman will be a senior, so there is a spot for a PK, but we have Norton on scholarship for 3 more years and I think the plan is to have him take over here. The AA place kicker from Rochester, Maher, might be enough to convince the staff to burn a achollie early though. On the end, I don't see us taking a punter or place kicker.

Might not take any WRs either. We are really overbooked at that position. I will have an early look at the class of 2014, focusing on NYS, in a couple of days. Good year for RBs.

I looked at that a long time ago, maybe (or obviously) I mixed up my info. My bad. Does sc!ut do it differently and maybe that's what I'm thinking? I'll have to check when I get a chance. I thought one of the services did the average of your stars and that was your overall ranking. Which for many of the schools there was only a difference of 2.8 - 3.2 average stars but one school was ranked #71 and the other was #56 ranked, as an example.
I believe sc*ut does the same thing. The only difference would be that they may give kids different ratings. USC was 18 in their rankings despite having the highest average star rating. Michigan is ahead of Alabama and Notre Dame with a lower average star rating. The differences there are the number of signees. Michigan 27, Alabama 25, Notre Dame 24, USC 12.

I count 20 rising seniors this year on an 84 man roster. Where are the other six coming from?
Early jumps after we go to the ACC Championship game... Start thinking bigger!!! ;)

Probably look to sign 27 kids:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
2 TE
5 OL
1 K / P
3 DE
3 DT
3 LB
5DB

GM did boldly say he was itended in bringing in a top 25 class this year. I like his spirit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom