2014 - We Hate You Tourney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2014 - We Hate You Tourney

EDIT - It seems more want to nominate people throughout the history of the program. So I will pull a Lunardi, and just change the way we are doing things midway.

Nominate for whatever has bothered you the most as a Syracuse fan. Not just isolated to 2014.

And cross-over is allowed. For example.

John Thompson
Georgetown
Michael Graham

Pitt
Jamie Dixon
Carl Krauser

Jared Dudley
Hasheem Thabeet
I also want to post a new hater that probably shouldn't be listed in a field of 64 but also isn't worthy of his own thread. Frank Wycheck (former Tennessee Titans Tight End). I've heard him on multiple occasions this season go on unprovoked rants about how much he hates Boeheim. He also stated that John Chaney is the master of the 2-3 zone and Boeheim is a poor man's version. So he sucks.

I was trying to keep it to 2014, so we could have an annual winner.

But seems to be more passion for a historical view.

No, you're good. I like the 2014 only idea. We should have historical ones by category too. We could have full brackets for GTown, Pitt, BE Catholic Schools, UConn, BE Games, Shooters against the Zone, No-names who went off on SU, Most Hated Opposing Player, Most Painful NCAA games (excluding 1987)...etc, etc, etc.

No, you're good. I like the 2014 only idea. We should have historical ones by category too. We could have full brackets for GTown, Pitt, BE Catholic Schools, UConn, BE Games, Shooters against the Zone, No-names who went off on SU, Most Hated Opposing Player, Most Painful NCAA games (excluding 1987)...etc, etc, etc.

I actually prefer the 2014 idea only. It shouldn't be the same year after year.

I am going to pull the ol Double Swerve on this one and leave it wide open either way.

EDIT - It seems some want to nominate people throughout the history of the program. So I may pull a Lunardi, and just change the way we are doing things midway. Or go back to the way it was originally intended for things that only impacted 2014 only. Let's see how things progress.

I know we have a most popular poster tourney potentially going on, but with the many things that have caused us displeasure this year, this would seem to be natural for an annual tourney.

Refs, teams, announcers, writers, specific players, specific coaches.. anything associated with the SU fan's NCAA Basketball experience is eligible.

Note these nominations were for 2014 alone. Most will not get in anymore if we go with a historical view. I bolded those who we may still consider. We need some more

Dykes
Vitale
Patrick
Wichita
Duke
UConn
Pitt
The Boneyard

Marshall
Coach K
Cooney
Syracuse (some of us hate our own)
Igor
Seth Davis
Gottlieb

Aaron Craft
Kentucky
Calipari

Michael Stephens
Karl Hess
Tony Greene
AP Voters
Greensboro
Arizona
Kansas
Joe Lunardi
Dana O'Neill
Blue Curtain!

For 2014 -
ESPN
ACC (alot of hatred for our new conference througout the year, but I think the hate has subsided)

For History
ESPN
2007 Selection Committee

Maryland Poster/Board Moderator Smokefree

Worcester Centrum Basketball Floor

Fishy and Pudge and rest of the loveable Yukon knuckleheads

Last edited:
Yeah, she's been horrible for SU athletics.

I would like to throw the University if Buffalo in the mix, guys!
Finally some recognition, been a long time coming.

Citizen oppression by a right wing authoritarian oligarchy.

Doris Burke in regards to anything related to Pitt...