2015 5-Star Carlton Bragg: “Yeah, Rutgers...They’re very good, I heard.” | Syracusefan.com

2015 5-Star Carlton Bragg: “Yeah, Rutgers...They’re very good, I heard.”

I saw that too. Just amazing how misinformed kids can be. You would hope that someone would set the kid straight before he makes a HUGE mistake. If he wanted to go to Rutgers, that is fine. But not on the notion that "they're very good".

One of the funnier quotes from a recruit that you'll ever hear.

2015 5-Star, Carlton Bragg said he's still waiting to hear from Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina and... Rutgers.

I don't tend to pile on Rutgers when this board gets in a frenzy, but this one really made me laugh.

http://zagsblog.com/video/carlton-bragg-talks-recruiting/
imagepng_2_2.png

I saw that too. Just amazing how misinformed kids can be. You would hope that someone would set the kid straight before he makes a HUGE mistake. If he wanted to go to Rutgers, that is fine. But not on the notion that "they're very good".

A kid of his stature doesn't need an offer from Rutgers.

If he wants to go there, he simply tells them:

(1) he's coming
(2) who needs to be hired as coach
(3) what Rutgers new mascot will be
(4) who they're playing non-conference
(5) what color their new uniforms will be
(6) when cheerleader tryouts will be
(7) who will join him as cheerleader tryout judge
(8) anything else he wants to

I hear Rutgers is applying to be Calipari's farm team - maybe that is what this is about:eek:. He needs a scapegoat to protect UK's title. So the moment that the scandal blows up - Rutgers, already a veteran of scandals can take the metaphorical bullet and subsequent death penalty.

He knows what hes talking about.
Since 2002 Rutgers has a Big East record of 49-139

A outstanding winning percentage of ... 35.2 percent
They even finished inside the top ten of the big east at 9th back in 2003-2004.

How does a kid not know anything about the programs he's considering? No one in their right mind thinks Rutgers has a good basketball program. Maybe in a few years, they'll be competitive, but they're lucky to be fielding a team this coming season.

How does a kid not know anything about the programs he's considering? No one in their right mind thinks Rutgers has a good basketball program. Maybe in a few years, they'll be competitive, but they're lucky to be fielding a team this coming season.
Someone should throw a ball at his noggin.

sounds like a kid who takes academics real seriously...we don't need him then

We are all too hard on Rutgirls just because they had a rough half a century. About 5o years ago they had an undefeated season but lost in the playoffs. I guess they never got over the introduction of the one handed jump shot. Maybe they are not inept, just that they are traditionalists?

The only thing that would have been better if he had just taken a swig of gatorade and did a spit take.
I can completely picture that from watching his priceless reaction. :rolling: