2015 Gold Cup thread USMNT next match vs. Cuba | Syracusefan.com

2015 Gold Cup thread USMNT next match vs. Cuba

Alsacs

Living Legend
USA caught a huge break. Cuba is down 2 players defecting and the team isn't at full strength and they upset Guatemala here in Charlotte and will play the USA on Saturday in Baltimore.

The USA got lucky out of El Salvador, Guatemala, and Cuba they got the weakest team as their quarterfinal opponent and Jamaica won Group B so it will be Haiti vs. Jamaica in the other match in the USA half of the draw.

Even though we aren't playing well in the group stage this is a good draw and should ensure we reach the Final. The other half of the draw is way tougher with Panama, Costa Rica and Mexico/Trinidad and Tobago on that half of the draw.

I wonder where El Chapo is going to watch El Tri this weekend? And will Andy Dufrene be there with him?

BTW, have they released the knock-out stage roster? I'd have to guess that Wondo will be headed home. Dude gave us as much as Jozy did. I would think his lackluster first half the other night sealed his fate.

CJ5DJRbUAAAiGMV.png

BTW Karma bit Mexican fans in the butt for their bush league display of throwing cans on the field before that last corner. That was disgraceful and I was glad T&T got that goal. That 4-4 draw was by far the best of this tournament. Mexico now has to play Costa Rica which is a battle of 2 of the top 3 CONCACAF teams.

BTW Karma bit Mexican fans in the butt for their bush league display of throwing cans on the field before that last corner. That was disgraceful and I was glad T&T got that goal. That 4-4 draw was by far the best of this tournament. Mexico now has to play Costa Rica which is a battle of 2 of the top 3 CONCACAF teams.

How the heck did they get away with throwing that stuff anyway? Is this like a Mexican League thing? I didn't think they allowed cans and bottles in the stadiums.

How the heck did they get away with throwing that stuff anyway? Is this like a Mexican League thing? I didn't think they allowed cans and bottles in the stadiums.

I was at the game. It was water bottles you can buy at the stadium and they also have cans and aluminum bottles of beer. The last 15 minutes or so was crazy

USA 6 Cuba 0 and the USMNT are on to the semifinals versus Jamaica. The Reggae Boyz will be a tougher opponent, but we should beat them and play in the Final next Sunday.
Dempsey 6 goals in 4 games is awesome.

USA 6 Cuba 0 and the USMNT are on to the semifinals versus Jamaica. The Reggae Boyz will be a tougher opponent, but we should beat them and play in the Final next Sunday.
Dempsey 6 goals in 4 games is awesome.
Cuba did win 5-0 in the number of defectors category.

Panama got lucky today. I think they are the tougher side and should have moved on, but damn did they make it harder than it should have been. I think they are a tough matchup for Mexico...if Mexico advances.

They seem to be playing the wrong sport tonight. Lots of field goals, but no soccer goals. Go Costa Rica!

Panama got lucky today. I think they are the tougher side and should have moved on, but damn did they make it harder than it should have been. I think they are a tough matchup for Mexico...if Mexico advances.

They seem to be playing the wrong sport tonight. Lots of field goals, but no soccer goals. Go Costa Rica!
Panama was the better side and I feel for the T&T PK takers they had plenty of chances and gave it to Panama.

Panama is a hex team, but I think they lose next round to CR or Mexico. I just want that match to go 120 and tire those guys out.

F**K MEXICO!! Peralta is one dirty mofo of a player. Takes a cheap dive in extra time of extra time and Costa Rica gets JOBBED!!

I hope Panama punches these bastards in the balls. Herrera's dancing act is getting old. Send that bag of wind home.

djcon57 said:
Mexico wins via ref cheating. Literally cheating.

That is ridiculous, game should not have even still been going on.

Watching that you can see why people dislike soccer, all that game for what?

You can also see why insanely intense fans will take it over the top and cause damage.

Mexico wins via ref cheating. Literally cheating.

Yup. We watched this guy simply blow key calls in the key moments of this game. He should have thrown Peralta out of the game in the 113th minute, he let Mexico blatantly pull on Campbell's jersey TWICE during that spectacular run, then CALL a jersey pull on Costa Rica with a yellow. I mean What?! And how was Campbell's amazing run and shot offsides!?

I hope Mexico goes down hard in this tournament. Would love to see the US blank them 4-0 in the final.

That is ridiculous, game should not have even still been going on.

Watching that you can see why people dislike soccer, all that game for what?

You can also see why insanely intense fans will take it over the top and cause damage.

I couldn't figure out why they were in the 123rd minute! This game should have been well onto penaltys by then. The Oscar goes to Peralta. Maybe ICE can deport him before the next match? ;)

Yup. We watched this guy simply blow key calls in the key moments of this game. He should have thrown Peralta out of the game in the 113th minute, he let Mexico blatantly pull on Campbell's jersey TWICE during that spectacular run, then CALL a jersey pull on Costa Rica with a yellow. I mean What?! And how was Campbell's amazing run and shot offsides!?

I hope Mexico goes down hard in this tournament. Would love to see the US blank them 4-0 in the final.
Dos a zero

PeteCalvin said:

While that score would be great, I'd settle for dos a cero

The controversial ending aside...there was some amazing play in that game. That Corona kid is a hell of a player.

Gutless call by that CONCACAF official. Peralta should have been given a red 10 minutes earlier. Disgusting penalty call that was nowhere close. I don't like Costa Rica after the BS behavior in 2013, but that was a terrible call.

Mexico better not win this. I still like the USA to beat Jamaica, but Panama/Mexico should be a good game assuming Herrera doesn't fall all over himself complaining about every call.

I just don't understand how you give Peralta a yellow on a clear red card tackle. Then you turn around and give a penalty on a flop! Such garbage officiating.