2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Why? Compared to what Dino inherited? He is getting a 9-4 team that has been recruiting well for years. Perfect place for him, already knowing the recruiting in the Midwest.

The team attempted to boycott the bowl game - ten players have been suspended for sexual assault - the players' disdain for Coyle and the university president - replacing a coach the players apparently liked a lot - having leaders on the team suggesting that they will not play for Minnesota in the future.

That kind of stuff.

I was not referring to the football - I was referring to the politics of the situation.

Fleck to Minny for 6 years and $21 mil? Wow. Dino's gonna want a big raise after next year.
Assuming he has a good year that shows more upward trajectory. People don't just get raises because others do. Dino could be great, but so far he is 4-8. If I'm the AD I'm comfortable playing out next year, giving him continued tools to succeed, without upping his salary at this point. Rather give him more years than dollars, personally, and extending the buyout.

The team attempted to boycott the bowl game - ten players have been suspended for s e xual assault - the players' disdain for Coyle and the university president - replacing a coach the players apparently liked a lot - having leaders on the team suggesting that they will not play for Minnesota in the future.

That kind of stuff.

I was not referring to the football - I was referring to the politics of the situation.

I get it, but at the end of the day, if they played in tbe bowl, they will be all in next year. Fleck seems to have a way of bringing people together. Now that coyle has his "guy " watch most of those allegations go away;)

With Fleck moving to Minny he also took his 3 star prized QB recruit from Northern Kentucky who was to enroll in classes yesterday at WMU, for all of the posters who slam us for stealing MAC kids, I think this shows most of these 3 star kids can play in any conference, heres the article,

Ryle's Morgan follows Fleck, flips to Minnesota

With Fleck it's all about me having no regards to WMU. Never liked this rah-rah guy and glad the Cuse stayed away from him a few years ago.

Horrible timing, unless the replacement is already lined up.

Chip Kelly cmon on down.
If he isn't the guy Cal really messed this up.

People always say this and it's almost never true.

I hear you and agree, seems like they would have somebody in mind at this point, somebody who would be a bit different than Dykes as well. Maybe Kelly likes the bay area, not sure. I would be very surprised if it's Kelly, he seems happier to be an NFL OC for 4-5 years and then somebody will give him another . 49ers were terrible this year but with that roster and GM don't know if any coach could have been successful.

Awesome for Coach Lea. He's a great guy. Good promotion for him.

Yes. But when the staff gets fired in 10 months, where does he go then?

Awesome for Coach Lea. He's a great guy. Good promotion for him.
Agree. Coach Lea is a great guy and a talented coach. He will fit right in at Notre Dame.

I wish him only the best.

Regarding his future, he followed the Wake DC to ND. Who knows if he would have even been retained by the new, yet to be hired Wake DC? I'll bet once it became apparent Clark wasn't getting that job, he jumped at the chance to work at ND with all their HS AA players.

Plus Wake has major losses on defense and will not be nearly as strong on defense for a long while as they were this season...

Yes. But when the staff gets fired in 10 months, where does he go then?
True, I thought about that, and nearly mentioned it, however, having ND on your resume is a bit like getting a grad degree from Harvard. I think despite how briefly he may be there, it cements your status and will get you further opportunities.

True, I thought about that, and nearly mentioned it, however, having ND on your resume is a bit like getting a grad degree from Harvard. I think despite how briefly he may be there, it cements your status and will get you further opportunities.
A great example of that idea, Bob Diaco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom