2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Houston needs to hire a coach that makes their program more attractive to a P5 conference. Not a 4-8 coach whose defense is a dumpster fire. Move along nothing to see.

Is there some kind of coach jargon I'm not aware of where "locked in" means "deuces, I'm out!"

I'm pretty sure the exact quote was "I'm 100% locked in to Syracuse". What more do people want him to say?
I read a different quote then that. I thought he kinda pushed the question aside by saying I'm locked into the job I have now. I read that via a tweet. If he said what you wrote, that's better.

I read a different quote then that. I thought he kinda pushed the question aside by saying I'm locked into the job I have now. I read that via a tweet. If he said what you wrote, that's better.
I thought I heard him say both.

It sucks that we're going to have to deal with this $%^$ every year...We aren't even that good (4-8) yet and any job opening that pops up, we have to worry about Dino's name being involved. I can only imagine what it will be like when/if we hit 8-4.

It sucks that we're going to have to deal with this $%^$ every year...We aren't even that good (4-8) yet and any job opening that pops up, we have to worry about Dino's name being involved. I can only imagine what it will be like when/if we hit 8-4.

Dino could have said "Hell yeah I'm going to be here 100% for life" and the people on this board would have found fault some how.

Houston needs to hire a coach that makes their program more attractive to a P5 conference. Not a 4-8 coach whose defense is a dumpster fire. Move along nothing to see.
Houston's attractiveness to a P-5 league is not an issue, as there is unlikely to be more conference realignment until 2023 or 2024, and Babers might be ready to retire then.

I am a season holder and avid fan and just don't get the angst around HCDB possibly leaving...I get it...he brings an offensive philosophy that's exciting and he is seasoned...has some charisma as well...he also won 4 games...that's not a knock but as Parcell's said you are what your record says you are...that said if he wants to see his daughter play or whatever then fine...we find someone else with similar philosophy and hire him...that said publicly he has given no indication he is going anywhere but the recruiting trail...also who says he doesn't want to take Cuse and BUILD it into a winner?..so people should stop being paranoid and relax...Go Cuse

Every coach says they are 100% locked in to their current job. Translation: if I get a better offer I'm going to look at it. In my opinion if Houston blows him away with money, he gone.

48962389.jpg

I'm pretty sure the exact quote was "I'm 100% locked in to Syracuse". What more do people want him to say?

I'd like him to pull out a steak knife, slice his arm, and for orange blood to spurt out.

(UVA and Illinois are going to hold onto their coaches a little longer).

Just to help justify your post go to the 2:21 mark and that will tell you the answer.

Why does it matter? He could say what he did and leave and he could also say I'll be back next year and leave. (He's not imo, just for the sake of argument). Also, I feel like he's asked if he's leaving for a different school every week... press pesters him and we still expect him to do jumping jacks while answering the question over and over again. If you don't trust his answer as it is, I'm not sure a more emphatic answer would matter much to you anyway.

Every coach says they are 100% locked in to their current job. Translation: if I get a better offer I'm going to look at it. In my opinion if Houston blows him away with money, he gone.
^^^ And if that happens, we will make another hire...probably similar thinking as Babers hire and move on...

How hard is it to say ..."I'm coming back, I'll be here next year"?
^^^ Sometimes when I am negotiating I am holding some things back because it might weaken my position at the table... maybe he is creating some leverage to get a few more things he wants at SU... even with a good relationship with the new AD, he will use the "playbook" so to speak to get some things...just speculating here though Jake... could be his agent coaching him on what he can say as well...

That's my hope...he's leveraging for some nicer toys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom