2016/17 NBA Mock Drafts | Syracusefan.com

2016/17 NBA Mock Drafts

No surprises. No first rounders for us this year. Gbinije is projected as a late 2nd rounder.Lydon is projected as a mid first rounder next year. No Malachi anywhere.
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/
29% from three as a potential NBA SG doesn't light up a lot of switchboards. I'm sure Lydon is popular just as a result of his size and skillset. He's not a 240lb banger, but he can defend and drag bigs out of the paint. After the Bahamas, SU (Lyon and Richardson) were getting a lot of interest. If they continued that level (or close enough) they would be generating a lot more interest. Unfortunately/Fortunately, they dropped off and played like freshman again. Lydon is still holding his own against much bigger more experienced players. There just aren't very many bigs who shoot threes and play pretty good D. I think his size/bulk is holding him back til next year more than anything.

Player A:
28 mpg 6.9 rpg 1.1 apg 2.1 bpg 2.2 topg 9.3 ppg

Player B:
32 mpg 7.1 rpg 1.5 apg 2.1 bpg 0.9 topg 9.7 ppg

Both frosh, one drafted in the first round.

29% from three as a potential NBA SG doesn't light up a lot of switchboards. I'm sure Lydon is popular just as a result of his size and skillset. He's not a 240lb banger, but he can defend and drag bigs out of the paint. After the Bahamas, SU (Lyon and Richardson) were getting a lot of interest. If they continued that level (or close enough) they would be generating a lot more interest. Unfortunately/Fortunately, they dropped off and played like freshman again. Lydon is still holding his own against much bigger more experienced players. There just aren't very many bigs who shoot threes and play pretty good D. I think his size/bulk is holding him back til next year more than anything.

Player A:
28 mpg 6.9 rpg 1.1 apg 2.1 bpg 2.2 topg 9.3 ppg

Player B:
32 mpg 7.1 rpg 1.5 apg 2.1 bpg 0.9 topg 9.7 ppg

Both frosh, one drafted in the first round.

I'm guessing one is Lydon the other, CMAC?

I'm guessing one is Lydon the other, CMAC?
winner winner chicken dinner.

Freshman bigs don't play all that much and when they do, they're usually not very good because they're still learning positioning against players of their own caliber. I don't know the circumstances surrounding CMAC and whether he was promised to be drafted prior to committing to Syracuse or what, but he was gone the moment he set foot on campus. I think Lydon is a heckuva player and if he weighed 230 I think he'd be gone at the end of the year.

Freshman bigs don't play all that much and when they do, they're usually not very good because they're still learning positioning against players of their own caliber. I don't know the circumstances surrounding CMAC and whether he was promised to be drafted prior to committing to Syracuse or what, but he was gone the moment he set foot on campus. I think Lydon is a heckuva player and if he weighed 230 I think he'd be gone at the end of the year.

what?

CM is 6'11", crazy athletic and worth a risk for an NBA team. He went pro because that was his mindset. Dude had no money but was posting pregnancy pics with him in gold chains and dressed in all white. He was going pro from day 1 whether it was a good decision or bad decision.

Lydon is not 6'11" not THAT athletic (good athlete though, just no CM), and is a clearly more grounded person who doesnt need the future money to pay for what he already has.

what?

CM is 6'11", crazy athletic and worth a risk for an NBA team. He went pro because that was his mindset. Dude had no money but was posting pregnancy pics with him in gold chains and dressed in all white. He was going pro from day 1 whether it was a good decision or bad decision.

Lydon is not 6'11" not THAT athletic (good athlete though, just no CM), and is a clearly more grounded person who doesnt need the future money to pay for what he already has.

He's playing out of position and playing in the zone. Both of those are huge reasons to leave Syracuse as soon as he can if there is NBA interest in the first round.

what?

A lot better shooter though. Lydon that is.

He's playing out of position and playing in the zone. Both of those are huge reasons to leave Syracuse as soon as he can if there is NBA interest in the first round.

very valid point. but he wont be playing out of position next year.

until we see Lydon actually shoot well for more than 2 weeks he is still un proven. they must expect he will add 40 lbs too.

Chris McCullough isn't 6'11 either. His NBA Combine measurement was 6' 8.25" in shoes and a 7'3" wingspan. For comparison, Tyler Lydon's Team USA measurement was 6' 8.75" without shoes and a 6'11.75" wingspan.

It's not a direct comparison of the two guys, but more to the point that players with Lydon's skillset aren't common in P5 colleges and they don't typically put up the numbers he's putting up as a true freshman. Ones who do, generally go to the NBA. And it's true that Lydon isn't as athletic as McCullough, but he's putting up similar numbers and if he had more size, he'd be a lot more attractive to the NBA teams in this draft.

Chris McCullough isn't 6'11 either. His NBA Combine measurement was 6' 8.25" in shoes and a 7'3" wingspan. For comparison, Tyler Lydon's Team USA measurement was 6' 8.75" without shoes and a 6'11.75" wingspan.

It's not a direct comparison of the two guys, but more to the point that players with Lydon's skillset aren't common in P5 colleges and they don't typically put up the numbers he's putting up as a true freshman. Ones who do, generally go to the NBA. And it's true that Lydon isn't as athletic as McCullough, but he's putting up similar numbers and if he had more size, he'd be a lot more attractive to the NBA teams in this draft.

I would love to see Lydon and Mccullough stand next to each other. Would be very surprised if Lydon was taller.

Don't disagree with your 2nd paragraph.

very valid point. but he wont be playing out of position next year.

He could be not playing out of position and making a million dollars and not playing zone, if there is the right interest. I'm not saying I expect him to go, but he's clearly on the nba radar with his size and skills.

Lydon needs to add muscle. It's easier to do that in an NBA setting than it is at Syracuse. I can't stress this enough, playing zone is a huge, huge knock against guys that are not slam dunk high lottery picks with serious offensive fire power.

And, remember, he just needs ONE team to fall in love with him and give him a guarantee for the first round. Once he has that, he is gone. Again, I do not expect this, but it is definitely within the realm of possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom