2017-2018 recruiting | Syracusefan.com

2017-2018 recruiting

Alsacs

Living Legend
We should be offering every kid in the top 10 a scholarship and recruiting them all hard.

We will have so much PT available that if its all these kids want is PT then we should be recruiting them all.

I know we are going after a bunch of top 25 guards but since we have so much roster availability then go for the Kentucky/Duke level 1 and dones.

JB gets McDonalds AAs and they leave early. Why not go for the Melo rated kids and go for the fences.

We should be offering every kid in the top 10 a scholarship and recruiting them all hard.

We will have so much PT available that if its all these kids want is PT then we should be recruiting them all.

I know we are going after a bunch of top 25 guards but since we have so much roster availability then go for the Kentucky/Duke level 1 and dones.

JB gets McDonalds AAs and they leave early. Why not go for the Melo rated kids and go for the fences.

We sort of are doing this. It is high risk, high reward though. At this point, a good number of our 2017 targets have offers from Duke and/or UK though. So winning them all is hugely unlikely. From what I can tell, we are not doing much with kids outside the Top 50. At least not now. So it will be interesting to see what kind of back up plan we have for any that go elsewhere, especially if they wait until late to decide. 2017 could be our best team ever. Or our worst!

The only thing I can think of as to why these top flight kids are lolly gagging on their decisions to come to Syracuse is that when they all did that weekend visit back in the end of April that there must have been some kind of lingering pall in the air from Southerland.:noidea:

For almost 4 decades top ranked players have put us on their list and then almost all of them go elsewhere. We had been gradually raising our batting average as JB's / Cuse's reputation for consistent winning grew but now we face two new and unexpected headwinds.
1) Like it or not, our reputation took a big hit.
2) With the dramatic increase of one and dones, every year, Duke, Kentucky, N Carolina* and Kansas have more roster spots to fill than in prior years. This means that there are less top players available for us. Reality bites. More roster spots translate into greater concentration of power among the top four schools! Our chances of winning against these schools is not good. Remember Davis?
*If there is any justice, N Carolina will no longer be one of the elite recruiters.

I like 4 star recruits who stay four years and destroy 5-star freshmen their senior year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom