Week 2: vs. Middle Tennessee State
Week 3: vs. Central Michigan
Week 4: @ LSU (will be going to that)

So, its a must we start the season 3-1.

Now looking ahead, can we find 3 wins out of this (2 at minimum):
vs. BC, vs. PITT, vs. Wake, @ NC State

Ruling out:
vs. Clemson, @ FSU, @Louisville, @ Miami

I think next year we are in a bowl. Lets go Orange!!

They have a ton of seniors

Seniors who are leaving after their bowl game this year? or will be seniors next year? Hoping it's the former, they definitely worry me if they bring a lot of kids back, that is a good program. Whatever the Over is on that game, take it.

So our schedule is complete:
Week 1: vs. Central Connecticut State
Week 2: vs. Middle Tennessee State
Week 3: vs. Central Michigan
Week 4: @ LSU (will be going to that)

So, its a must we start the season 3-1.

Now looking ahead, can we find 3 wins out of this (2 at minimum):
vs. BC, vs. PITT, vs. Wake, @ NC State

Ruling out:
vs. Clemson, @ FSU, @Louisville, @ Miami

I think next year we are in a bowl. Lets go Orange!!

I think we will have to win all three of the home games, NC State isn't invincible by any means, but a road game against a team we are horrible against historically is rough. Of course, we almost never beat Pitt either, but the games have been close the last couple of years and it's at home. We can't count on 5-7 getting us to a bowl. We would have been lucky this year, teams like Notre Dame, Vandy, Duke, Texas, UCLA, Arizona, Mich St, Arizona State that all normally are good and/or have high APR's were all bad. Everything fell into place except us getting win number 5. So, we need 6 wins and I think we can get it, but once again the margin for error is so slim. That fu**ing LSU game.....

Not the sexiest home schedule on record. That September slate better end 3-0,

I think we will have to win all three of the home games, NC State isn't invincible by any means, but a road game against a team we are horrible against historically is rough. Of course, we almost never beat Pitt either, but the games have been close the last couple of years and it's at home. We can't count on 5-7 getting us to a bowl. We would have been lucky this year, teams like Notre Dame, Vandy, Duke, Texas, UCLA, Arizona, Mich St, Arizona State that all normally are good and/or have high APR's were all bad. Everything fell into place except us getting win number 5. So, we need 6 wins and I think we can get it, but once again the margin for error is so slim. That fu**ing LSU game...
Pitt is losing a ton of offense this year including their OC. While I don't think we hang 60 on them next year, their defense won't improve much either due to graduation.

I think we beat them at home next year.

Not the s e xiest home schedule on record. That September slate better end 3-0,

I hear ya, but that MTSU game is very challenging and interesting and might get some national attention given the offensive matchup. Also, first time in a few years we dont have an early ACC opener in the dome, i believe. Hey people complain about p5 matchups in the OOC. personally, i think next years schedule mix is perfect.

I hear ya, but that MTSU game is very challenging and interesting and might get some national attention given the offensive matchup. Also, first time in a few years we dont have an early ACC opener in the dome, i believe. Hey people complain about p5 matchups in the OOC. personally, i think next years schedule mix is perfect.

An almost automatic loss in Death Valley is not my idea of perfect! :0

An almost automatic loss in Death Valley is not my idea of perfect! :0

We are a p5 team and aspiring to be one of the big boys again. The home/home with LSU was great. If it werent for some of the big names that have rolled through the dome the past 10 years, i would have given up my seasons years ago. There is value in seeing America's best talent on your schedule.

We are a p5 team and aspiring to be one of the big boys again. The home/home with LSU was great. If it werent for some of the big names that have rolled through the dome the past 10 years, i would have given up my seasons years ago. There is value in seeing America's best talent on your schedule.

Yes, indeed - it's valued as a big, fat L.

Yes, indeed - it's valued as a big, fat L.

I see your POV, however, scheduling isnt just about the easiest path to 6 wins. Engaging a fan base is also essential. With all the years of losing, is the casual fan more likely to attend an LSU, MINNY, or Northwestern game or a Colgate, wagner, or CCSU game?

I see your POV, however, scheduling isnt just about the easiest path to 6 wins. Engaging a fan base is also essential. With all the years of losing, is the casual fan more likely to attend an LSU, MINNY, or Northwestern game or a Colgate, wagner, or CCSU game?
At this stage in our football existence, yes it is.

I'd prefer the chance to attend a BOWL GAME, rather than "whatever random OOC game".

I'd prefer the chance to attend a BOWL GAME, rather than "whatever random OOC game".

So, you would rather see a bunch of stiffs in the dome for the season tickets you pay handsomely for? But, in the end go to a bowl game?

So, you would rather see a bunch of stiffs in the dome for the season tickets you pay handsomely for? But, in the end go to a bowl game?

I live 4+ hours away - I watch the games on TV.

Yes, I get it - LSU was a GREAT game, AWESOME atmosphere, and we really hung tough and gave them a fight the whole way.
But - it's still a L. Hard fought, entertaining losses - are still losses.
And that is literally all anybody (who is not a hardcore SU fan) remembers about it, or about last year.

I'd rather watch us win.

I watched the Tulane game in '13 w/ a bunch of my fraternity bros, in a bar, before a reunion event later that day.
It. Was. AWESOME. :cool:
I'd take 4 OOC games like that, every year, until we've made at least 3-4 consecutive bowl games.
Then, maybe, we can think about scheduling up again.

PS - how enjoyable were the marquee matchup Penn St and Northwestern games that same season?? :crazy:

Seniors who are leaving after their bowl game this year? or will be seniors next year? Hoping it's the former, they definitely worry me if they bring a lot of kids back, that is a good program. Whatever the Over is on that game, take it.
They will be leaving after the bowl game.

So you would rather be bored to death all of September? See high school teams in the dome for your premium seat prices?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom