2017 Yankees Thread | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

That added chapter to the binder will blow people's minds.

I'd be ok with it, we got 2 guys who could use it (CC & Tanaka) & 2 guys who likely could use it as they are young (Monty & Sevy)...and then it would be 2 guys who, I'm guessing, only 1 really needs 5 days set...Gray.

That's workable for a Pennant Race.

Gray's coming back from an injury too, so I don't think 6 man would be bad for him either. And given the Yanks are lower on games than most, there are only 4 days off the rest of the season. Sox have 4 in just August.

Yu Darvish Trade Rumors: Sunday

Sonny Gray Trade Rumors: Sunday

Trade Deadline Daily: Will the A's simply keep Sonny Gray?

Andrew Marchand ESPN Senior Writer
Joe Girardi said of why the Yankees acquired Jaime Garcia to replace Caleb Smith in the rotation: "He's an experienced starter and, as you know, we have used a lot of people in that fifth spot since Michael [Pineda] went down. He is a guy who has pitched in some high leverage situations. He has pitched in St. Louis, where there has been big expectations." Garcia will make his first start Thursday in Cleveland, Girardi said.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi said he sees no reason "right now" to protect rookie Jordan Montgomery because of innings. He also said that he has been given no innings mandate about Montgomery. He did leave open the possibility that things could change.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi said he wasn't into a six-man rotation. If the Yankees were to acquire Sonny Gray and with the acquisition of Jaime Garcia, the Yankees would have six players for five spots. Girardi did reserve the right to change his mind.

Aaron Judge is struggling, hitting .161 in 57 second half at-bats. He said he needs to keep grinding. "I feel good," Judge said. "I'm hitting .303 in the big leagues with 33 home runs. I feel good. Every time I come to the plate, it is Opening Day. It doesn't matter what you did in the past. It is what can I do in this at-bat."

Sonny Gray Trade Rumors: Deadline Day

With about five hours remaining until the trade deadline, multiple teams are in the mix for Athletics ace Sonny Gray. Gray comes with a 3.43 ERA on the season and club control through 2019. The latest:

• While the Yankees remain the strong favorite for Gray, according to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, the Braves are at least one other team that is in contact with the A’s regarding the 27-year-old righty. Heyman feels that the Yankees are a better match than the Braves for Gray given Oakland’s positional needs, noting that the Braves won’t deal Triple-A outfielder Ronald Acuna.
Earlier Updates

Sonny Gray Trade Rumors: Deadline Day

With about five hours remaining until the trade deadline, multiple teams are in the mix for Athletics ace Sonny Gray. Gray comes with a 3.43 ERA on the season and club control through 2019. The latest:

• While the Yankees remain the strong favorite for Gray, according to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, the Braves are at least one other team that is in contact with the A’s regarding the 27-year-old righty. Heyman feels that the Yankees are a better match than the Braves for Gray given Oakland’s positional needs, noting that the Braves won’t deal Triple-A outfielder Ronald Acuna.
Earlier Updates

We shall know by later today! Would love to have Gray, but not at the expense of too many prospects. Hope Cashman sticks strong to no Frazier/Torres.

MLB Trade Deadline Daily: Who will blink first in Sonny Gray sweepstakes?

Will Sonny Gray wear pinstripes?As the Yankees' pursuit of Sonny Gray heads into trade deadline day, the teams are "close enough to get over the hump," a source tells ESPN's Jerry Crasnick. But Oakland Executive Vice President Billy Beane has given indications he's prepared to hang onto Gray, who isn't eligible for free agency until 2019, if a deal doesn't come together.

The trade deadline is just six hours away. The Yankees and A's have been unable to reach a deal for starter Sonny Gray, as of yet, making it very possible this will go down to the wire. Sources said the Yankees have been hesitant to give up 19-year-old Haitian OF Estevan Florial. Florial is hitting .297 with an .855 OPS for Single-A Charleston. Neither Yankees GM Brian Cashman nor his counterpart Billy Beane have to make a deal so it is uncertain if either of them will blink.

Andrew Marchand, ESPN Senior Writer

Billy Beane will wait until 3:59 pm to see if someone else throws in.

Good for Cashman not to panic. I would imagine Beane is hoping that Hal, or (gulp God forbid) Levine jumps in and ups the offer.

Billy Beane will wait until 3:59 pm to see if someone else throws in.

Good for Cashman not to panic. I would imagine Beane is hoping that Hal, or (gulp God forbid) Levine jumps in and ups the offer.
agree.

and as for Levine, everyone thinks he was the guy who bashed Bird before his latest surgery...id imagine (hope??) he might be muted this go around.

Yankees "Gaining More Traction" On Sonny Gray Trade

With about two hours remaining until the trade deadline, all eyes are on Athletics ace Sonny Gray. Gray comes with a 3.43 ERA on the season and club control through 2019. The latest:

Earlier Updates

• A trade of Gray to the Yankees is “gaining more traction,” tweets Joel Sherman. Sherman adds that a deal is “still not at finish line, but [is] becoming more than less likely now.” In a subsequent tweet, Sherman cautions the A’s could still walk away. Meanwhile, Mark Feinsand of MLB.com has three sources who expect the Yankees to acquire Gray, though they believe it could come down to the final hour.
  • Jon Heyman says some pieces have been agreed to in a potential Yankees-A’s Gray swap, with the Yankees remaining the favorite. Heyman says the A’s want three or four top prospects, below the tier of Gleyber Torres and Clint Frazier. Here’s a look at the Yankees’ top prospects from MLB.com, in case you’d like to speculate.

Who is your Trump?

Marge Schott - Wikipedia

220px-Marge_Schott.jpg

I know...I know...she wasn't with the Yankees...couldn't think of one for the Yankees so I went all baseball...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom